iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

cookies anyone?? blue stained oval pine limb cut on a 45 degree

Started by timcosby, February 23, 2007, 12:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timcosby

these should make great clocks or shelves. they are about 2' long and a foot wide and mostly 1" thick. i may put one on ebay just to see what the market value is. i love cutting out of the ordinary.

Dana

A lady contacted me last year about sawing some like that. She was using them to make wood burned signs.
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

TexasTimbers

I think you will do better with pine cookies as a finished product. I sold cookies on ebay and it can be lucrative, but from my experience it has to be extremely unique. There seems to be a limited number of buyers who watch it all the time and they buy alot at first then it slows down.
Most of my sales from ebay came throught the back door. Contacting me after buying once or not at all and buying outright.
Ebay is great for website exposure. Make sure to include it in your ad if you have one.
Also know that it is very time consuming to sell on ebay and shipping too. Charge plenty for it to make it worth your time. I haven't been messing with ebay simply because of the time factor.
There is always money there though, when you have something different and want to set aside the time for it.
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

woodbowl

I used to sell cookies to a taxidermist. He used them to mount squirrels and other small game. That was about 20 years ago, it seems like he paid 2 or 3 dollars apiece. That was before I had my sawmill and it was all done with a chainsaw.   >:(

Other than Taxidermy, woodburning and decapoge, I don't know of any other uses for it. I've made some on my mill for customers, but other than that I don't knowhere the money is on them.

WHERE'S THE MONEY AT?[/b]
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

TexasTimbers

Quote from: woodbowl on February 23, 2007, 08:16:28 AM
............but other than that I don't knowhere the money is on them.

Turners make plates out of them. A 2 footer might be a might big for most lathes though.  ;)
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

leweee

just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Thank You Sponsors!