iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

fuel lines

Started by redbeard, June 15, 2013, 03:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redbeard

Cracked  fuel lines lead to  other problems keep a eye on them. I was getting air in mine which shortened the life of filter and mainly fuel pump. Putting tape around the cracks got me by but should have replaced them long ago. Also I noticed I have a new resident that likes to perch on my control box. He doesn't clean up after himself either. Hopefully I can get a pic of him. Huge great horn Owl. He really makes my mill look small. He also likes my steering wheel on tractor.

Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

clww

That sure would be a great photo. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Kcwoodbutcher

My pump on my Kohler just went out. Took it apart an the culprit was corrosion on the valve seats.The ethanol in the gas held just enough water to cause rust. Cheapest replacement I could find was $84 on e-bay, I think it was over a hundred from the dealer. For some reason you have to by the whole valve cover assembly. Forget that, I'm replacing it with an electric pump, $16.95
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

sawguy21

Can you use a Briggs and Stratton 808656 pump? They are not expensive.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

redbeard

That's a great idea switching to electric pump. I think I have one off a sprayer. Need to make sure its rated for fuel. Thanks. Also that was the best price I found also. I did get some quality fuel lines and got the stock fuel filter. Iam going to barrow a buddy of mine trail camera and try and get some pics of the Owl. We tried twice this evening but I can't get no closer than 50 yards.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

ladylake

Stay away from those pulse type electric fuel pumps, they don't last.  Carter makes a rotary one the lasts real good but costs about $60.  Those pulse type ones never made more than 3 months on my mill.    Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

bandmiller2

Red, could you move the fuel tank higher and use gravity.?? Gravity seldom screws up. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

bandmiller2

Flexible [synthetic rubber] fuel lines are sho-nuff handy but metal form fitted fuel lines are much safer and long lasting.If you must go flex use fuel injector hose its much more expensive but lasts. Question,is it OK to use copper tube for gas/diesel fuel lines some say yes some say no.Does the copper react with the fuel.?? Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Kcwoodbutcher

A little late Ladylake, I have a pulse type on the way. I found a Carter I almost ordered for $28 on e-bay. Guess that will be the next one. Be careful not to get a high pressure pump. Too high a pressure can blow by the needle and seat.
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

ladylake

Maybe you'll have better luck with the pulse type pump, I was going through them every 3 months .  The first one I had on was a Carter rotary which lasted over 4 years and it was used when I put it on.  Yes watch the pressure, I think the one I have now is 4#.    Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Thank You Sponsors!