iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New piece of equipment

Started by starmac, April 01, 2017, 08:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starmac

I bought a commercial truck mounted pressure washer.
This thing is a monster mounted on a very smooth running and tight low mile  series 60 diesel chevy, the pressure washer is powered bu an industrial 300-6 inline ford and is hooked to a 1200 gallon water tank with the 1 inch 150 foot long hose mounted on a hydraulic powered hose reel.

I bought it so I could wash my trucks off away from the shop, instead of having to run an extension cord and water hose, but on the way home with it, I thought of how many times I have read where some of you guys have used a pressure washer to wash mud off of logs. This beast would be great for that, it has a variety of nozzles, maybe one of them would strip the bark off of some types of trees.

The other half has not come home to see my new toy parked in the drive yet, but I'm sure she will be real pleased here in about an hour. lol
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

OH logger

john

Stoneyacrefarm

Ha ha.
Hear comes the cold shoulder treatment for a week or so.
I had my new skidder delivered a couple weeks ago.
She still hasn't looked at it even.
I have to chuckle that she doesn't even look on the direction it's parked and has to walk by it a dozen times a day.
I parked it there on purpose to egg her on a little.
I'm going to hell.
I know it but it is so much fun.
Work hard. Be rewarded.

starmac

Not a peep out of her, BUT I chickened out and pulled it out and parked it with the last truck I bought, that she doesn't know is mine yet.

lopet

Quote from: Stoneyacrefarm on April 01, 2017, 09:42:13 PM
I have to chuckle that she doesn't even look on the direction it's parked and has to walk by it a dozen times a day.

That's the way they protest and let you know ......    "we didn't really need that"....  Just showing their disinterest.

I have tried sneaking in stuff when she wasn't home , but always got caught sooner or later, even if it's me who's doing the books and wrights the checks. :D
The question   " who's is it ? " always killed it. :D :D

Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

coxy

:D well hon I came home and seen it and there was a note on it saying I see you like collecting  such and such and thought you may want more such and such  :D 8) I told my wife one time when I got a new truck that it was my dads things was good for a few days till she asked my dad what the hell he bought a new truck for and why I was driving it of course my dad threw me under the bus real fast :D :D  things was real gloomy in my house for a while was kinda getting use to the piece and quiet though  8) some of them have no  humor  :)

BargeMonkey

Sounds like quite the pressure washer, keeping trucks cleaned off is always a big challenge. I've seen a few of the monster ones in the shipyards that go 10kpsi, cut paint and junk right off a hull, sometimes go thru the hull. 😂 my parents didn't speak for a few months when my father bought the new screen on tracks, we where at the point of being forced into it but it was a huge jump she didn't think would pay off, about worn it out in 10yrs now.

Corley5

I've found that collecting things that look similar and are close to the same color works best.  I.E. black rifles, red tractors, etc. The key is to never have them all in the same place at one time  ;) ;D :D :) 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

OH logger

I think we should tell them what they tell us "but honey it was on sale"  ;D :D or  "oh that thing? I've had that forever"  :o
john

lopet

Quote from: Corley5 on April 02, 2017, 07:16:54 PM
I've found that collecting things that look similar and are close to the same color works best.  I.E. black rifles, red tractors, etc. The key is to never have them all in the same place at one time  ;) ;D :D :)

Believe me Corley, I have tied that, but you can only  fool them so many times. :) I shouldn't complain, life is good.  8)
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Stoneyacrefarm

I worked in the woods all day today.
Pulled out 4 good hitches of wood and burned all the tops.
Very productive day.
I'm dog tired now.
She had the dogs all out today for a walk.
Walked all around the new pasture we made and fenced in.
Got to the far corner where I had the skidder parked while I was pulling wood out.
As soon as she saw the skidder there she turned around and went the other direction.
It getting to be real funny now.
Work hard. Be rewarded.

starmac

To be fair, my wife does not have a problem with my buying tools or equipment USUALLY. Now last summer I was headed to an auction and she told me nothing big as we are running out of room. When I came back with a 1 ton with a dump bed, she started in, and I reminded her she said big and pointed to the KW and told her that is big. lol
About 3 years ago, she did tell me no more guns the rest of the month, it couldn't have been more than 15 minutes before a soldier called and had a 357 blackhawk he wanted for sale. I went and met him at the front gate of the base and brought it home. Normally it is easy enough to sneak a gun in as she is usually upstairs, BUT she happened to see me as I walked in the door and ask what the heck (I think that was the word she used). I quickly told her this is for you, it is too small for me. Brilliant thinking, except for anytime I start out with her gun, she ask what I think I am doing. lol

Anytime I run north in the summer, I have several hundred pounds of mud to wash off every trip, anywhere from 1/2 to an inch thick, this truck will come very handy IF I ever run north again, it doesn't look so good for this summer at this point.

Thank You Sponsors!