iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stuck between a rock and a hard place

Started by Karl_N., September 24, 2004, 06:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karl_N.

Hello All,
So we ordered sixteen windows for the house we're building my dad went and got them and paid for them (temporary loan) and they came back all wrong-vinyl inside and outside. We ordered them all six over six and they came just with the top grills. It's a timberframe-no way vinyl will look good and come on six over six-that should be easy. So I called the company and they fully admit it was their mistake. After telling them I want a full refund and the windows I ordered they have offered me a pittance for compensation but will not even hear of taking them back. Now they were all custom sized so they would have trouble reselling them but hey that's their problem. I said well I'm going to take you to court-he decided he'd talk to the boss again. I don't think they will take the windows back but offer more money. I don't want the windows. A couple problems- it's a Canadian company-we bought the windows in Canada- do we have to go to court up there? Is there a small claims system up there? Thanks

Pete J

You better stop making calls and put things on paper. Phone calls are hard to prove. Fire off a registered letter with a datestamp on it to your lawyer right away.

Good luck!

Jim_Rogers

If you paid by credit card call the credit card company and tell them, they have ways to make things right.
If you didn't pay by credit card, then as mentioned consult a lawyer.
Good luck,
Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Karl_N.

Hello,

Thanks for the respon ses. Turns out my dad did pay with a credit card and when we called they assured us things would work out for us. Let's hope so, everything is so expensive it would not make sense to buy extra windows. To the bank on Thursday to beg for a loan.

Timber_Framer

Same thing happened to my dad, only they sent the wrong windows twice! He too paid via credit card and they honnered it and replaced the windows, however they didn't want the wrong windows back either so I decided it was a good enough reason to build a guest cabin on the south end of our property ;D
Hope things work out for you as well as they did for my dad.
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Thank You Sponsors!