iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Is this the best job in the world

Started by Murphydog, August 24, 2012, 03:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murphydog

I hope all you guys are keeping busy?Work seemed to dry up over here in the UK.My son who is starting his own business was worried because no work was coming in,then after a couple of weeks,wow,the phone never stopped ringing,now junior's worried in case we can't get through all the work thats com in.The othe day we were thinning out some spindly birches and it rained all day,we were soaked.i thought,'hell.im 68 years old i don't need this,i came out of retirement just to help out a couple of days a week now i'm darn near working full time.Next day the sun shone and it was quite warm which made the job seem much better,just before we left the site we sat in the truck awhile just talking,and a Roe deer and 2 kids came out of the trees and came fairly close,it was great,its days like that what make it all worth while.

Buck

I absolutely love working my dozer in the woods. If they would just hand me the maps and keep my fuel card valid I dont need much more.
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Murphydog

yep,thats it,a good days work in the woods followed by a couple of beers,just great. 8)

mad murdock

I have spent many a morning out in the woods of the pacific. n w mountains,'and watch the sun come up. Simply amazing.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Murphydog

Murphydog

Quote from: mad murdock on August 26, 2012, 01:13:43 AM
I have spent many a morning out in the woods of the pacific. n w mountains,'and watch the sun come up. Simply amazing.
sounds like a great place to work  :P

Mark Wentzell

I'm about to go into debt thousands of dollars to play  work in the woods.  ;D

Can't wait.

Murphydog

good luck,i hope things work out and you get lots of work. :o

Vance in AK

Quote from: mad murdock on August 26, 2012, 01:13:43 AM

Good memories MM!
Sitting in the crew rig on the landing as the 1st string of trucks loads out, having one more cup of coffee as the cat warms up on a chilly morning.  Sun breaking over the ridge, thin layer of frost on everything...  Not that I miss it or anything.....

Mark Wentzell

Quote from: Murphydog on August 26, 2012, 10:23:51 AM
good luck,i hope things work out and you get lots of work. :o

I'm going to forestry college so it should be money well spent ;D

treefarmer87

it IS the best job hands down 8) 8) 8)
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

Woodchuck53

Don't forget the great visit with your son. I wish him well in his endeavors and that you find reason to help (visit) all you can.
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

Thank You Sponsors!