iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I've had it with local dealer

Started by bowlofjokes, February 08, 2008, 10:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowman

I took a saw in for some work last summer and the dealer told me it would be ready in a few days because he had alot of lawnmowers to work on. I said, what about the policy of pro saws going to the head of the line? He said, those days are over.Times they are a changin. :-\

Cut4fun

Called my local dealer yesterday for some Oregon 75LG or 75LGX.
The guy on the other end say I got Oregon 72, I said that wont work and he comes back oh yeah, whats the difference? I then explained it to a dealer that sales Oregon chain in bulk and makes loops for us.
Thank goodness for using the phone first, saved me a hour trip total there and back.

The other closest dealer wasn't any better and all I wanted there was 3/8 063 RSLK or RS and these are dealers of the big 3.

sawguy21

Unfortunately, not all dealers are created equal. Finding a good one will really pay off but this can be difficult in small market areas. Many times, the distributor is forced to deal with whoever is willing to stock some product but they often do not represent the brand well. I am in chain saw country and a weak dealer will not survive here, the market is very competitive and the customer generally knows what he wants.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

J_T

Last new saw I bought ask the dealer about warrenty an how long  ??? He just said you know where you got the saw from don't you  8) Don't buy chains there but if I need another saw i;ll just go there .Not close and not handy but he's ready to sell .
Jim Holloway

ScottAR

As always, there's two sides of a story here. 

As a customer, I expect the same treatment on the phone as in person.
More or less proper procedure IMO would be call ahead to check stock but
handle any business in person. 

As a counterman, people that call to price petty items feel like a waste
of time.  They may have time to save three cents on a quart of oil
but I don't. 

Although I helped land a lucrative tool sale for the store because I helped
a guy with some wipers.  He was the purchasing agent for the local
railcar plant. 

All of this stuff is just people being people. 

Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Thank You Sponsors!