iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

640D parking brake

Started by Oliver05262, May 18, 2016, 10:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliver05262

Skidder I help keep going has a problem with the park brake lever. There is a latch that holds the lever up-brake on. The spring that holds the latch in the notch is broken, and Nortrax parts could only tell me that it's no longer available. He couldn't tell me what part or assembly replaces it; I didn't pursue the issue because I was ticked off. Where I worked on the Ag side, if a part like that was NLA, there was usually a note referring you to an alternate part, assembly, or source, like Vintage Parts.
  It looks like I could probably use a stock spring in there, but I'd like to have something in my hand when I take it apart, because the customer doesn't want to tie the skidder up. Has anyone ever had to deal with this?
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

AlexHart

This won't be of any help to you whatsoever but I can share your irritation with the apparent lack of support by these dealer networks for older machines.   And often the price when the parts are available.   

I needed a blade control cable for a 440D skidder a year or so ago and Nortrax price was about 450 dollars.  Got the equivalent control cable for 30 bucks from truckparts and its been working fine so far.     

thumper

you could try kevin nason from levant maine. he has an add on craigslist maine
Jonsered 2150 2152 2156 2165  Husqvarna 262xps Worn 1970 JD440a 06 GMC 3500 DURAMAX

Thank You Sponsors!