iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need some guidance. Setting valve lash on Onan P24

Started by Jeff, April 08, 2006, 08:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

;D ;D ;D ;)
  Aint as bad as you might think ... the pics are bilingual  :D :D :D :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

MULE_MAN

isawlogs

Your what I call a Good Ole Boy !!!   And that's a Good thing !!!  8) 8) 8)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

jpgreen

-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Jeff

I'm going over this engine with a fine toothed comb and I have discoverd a couple things that may or may not have anything to do with the problem, but I plan on correcting them.  There is a jury rigged ground originating from the side of box that contains the key switch and the hour meter and connecting to one of the bolts that holds the, lacking a better description, the guide pads where the power head slides up and down. From there there is another braided ground cable that goes out and bolts to the engine base. Neither wires are original.

The other thing is the coil wire was routed so if the power head was ever taken clear to the top, it could pinch it. It looks like it could have been pinched at one time, so I am replacing and re-routing it. 

The spark plug wires look to be a bit corroded on the plug end and dont "snap" on the plug. I'm replacing those.

Marcel, I ordered a tach from wood-mizer Monday through Sparks, and low and behold it came today and there was a bonus in the envelope.  an Onan Service Manual in English with my name on it. :D  So, I can hardly wait for yours to get here so I can use it to translate yours so I can get working on things. (Chet joke) ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

scsmith42

Those poor ground wires may be the culprit - good luck and please keep us informed!
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

isawlogs

I never said anything about the manual beeing french ....  I only asked if you had brushed up on your french ....  ;D ;)    But I never said anything about maybe adding to the envelope  :) :D :D :D

Have you the wiring diagram for that mill  ???
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Tom

Does he need to brush up on  his French for the wiring diagrams too, Marcel?  :D

isawlogs

Question is , would you like to brush up on yours  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Marcel

isawlogs

Jeff ;
   How you comming along with the engin , have you found anything to help solve the problems you are or where having  eh?

Marcel

Fla._Deadheader

Marcel is in rare form, lately, EH ???  :D :D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Jeff

Other then all the gas in the crankcase I find nothing wrong. I have to think it is from the tank building pressure and pushing gas into the engine when it isnt running. It seems to be running fine right now, although I really have not sawn with it to speak of.

I have good compression, the valve lash was perfect, I have replaced coil wire plug wires and grounding wires. Hopefully something I have done was right. :)

isawlogs

Hook that mill to the red truck , and head on up this way , I'll cover the gas bill and will set you up with a wack or two of pine and we will find what the issue is .  ;D

How is your french reading coming along .  ;D ;)

Marcel

Jeff

Jeff

Hey! I just found out I can read French!  Thanks Marcel!  I cant pronounce it, and I can't understand a blame thing, but I can read it! It has pretty much all the same letters in it that I know from English. Pretty clever those French eh?

Whew, I am sure glad the pictures were in english. ;D

isawlogs

Hope you can get something out of it ,  ;D
  I have another copy here of the Onan books , if anybody else is in need of them .

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!