iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ever felt like a Mouse in a room full of Cats?

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, December 16, 2012, 10:08:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

My wife accepted a VERY good job about 8 months ago. This place has their own Chefs that prepare, package and ship out gourmet foods. Julie works in the office in Payroll and Human Resources.

This was here first Christmas party. It was for Office personal and was catered in by another food company that did a Great job.

The Party was at the home of the 2 owners.

These were some very nice people but not a bit of COUNTRY in them. I had to go out and buy some new clothes that did not have CAMO on them before we could go.

Here is a pic of me and my Wife.

They served BEEF TENDERLOIN and STUFFED CHICKEN with all the fix'ns.

Here is a Pic of some of the art that was throughout the house. Either one of these Gals would make great off-bearers.  ;D

They had Servers that walked around with wooden platters serving horse derves. I saw a shrimp and ate him....I had to let the snails and fish eggs go on by.

I did take some pics of the serving platters. I have no idea what kind of wood they were, but they sure looked nice.

I hope this is it for for the Christmas Parties. We got home at 12:15 am......Just not use to staying up late like I use to.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Stephen1

I really like the serving platters. I like how they are carved or scouped out, versus just flat.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

LeeB

More than once I've been the redneck in a room full of slickers. My old boss used to like to take me out to eat when I would come in from the rig and use the oportunity to debrief. I normally wear bib overalls. He asked me to start wearing slacks or at least jeans so we could go to some fancier places. After a couple of times, I told him I ama who I am. If I couldn't be accepted in the places wearing my normal gettup, we would just have to go lowbrow. Clothes and things do not make you a better person. Be who you are and take pride in it.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: LeeB on December 16, 2012, 10:20:46 AM
Clothes and things do not make you a better person. Be who you are and take pride in it.

You are exactly right my friend.....I just didn't want to embarrass the wife.  :D

Paul_H

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

thurlow

Man, I love those platters;  been working up the nerve to start on a dough bowl, as per Dodgy's pics, but I may try this instead.
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

Okrafarmer

I have often felt like the odd-one-out in many crowds. I'm too educated for some, too redneck for others, too Christian for some, too (we're not going to talk about politics here) for some, and too worldly for some. Sometimes you just can't win, you have to be who you are, try not to unnecessarily upset people, and not apologize for anything you do that is not wrong.

Poston, good move on not embarrassing your wife. I'm sure you were memorable enough to the party-goers without involving overalls or camo.  ;)
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Jeff

You didn't  try to tell any of your jokes did you?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Roxie

Cowboy Bob's idea of dressed up is a pair of clean Wranglers, and knocking the manure off his boots.  It works for us.   :)
Say when

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on December 16, 2012, 12:18:40 PM
You didn't  try to tell any of your jokes did you?

I was instructed not to, by my wife, and that is the truth.

Good one Jeff!  :D :D :D :D :D

Shotgun

David,

You have a very shrewd wife.     :D

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

sawguy21

I normally dress in jeans and a golf shirt, that is what I am most comfortable with but when I go out I look for a nice shirt and dress slacks. When in Rome, do as the Romans do. Besides, Karen insists on it. :D
I was at a memorial service for workmates killed in a helicopter crash, a couple of co workers showed up in normal work clothes. One was wearing a tattered sleeveless shirt.  :o
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: sawguy21 on December 16, 2012, 12:57:22 PM
When in Rome, do as the Romans do. 

Especially when your wife is the Emperor.  :D

thurlow

Quote from: Shotgun on December 16, 2012, 12:44:26 PM
David,

You have a very shrewish wife.     :D

Norm

Don't believe I'd'a said that.  ;D

Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

Magicman

Now you are beginning to see what you should do with your next "blade dive" slabs.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Shotgun

Quote from: thurlow on December 16, 2012, 01:50:28 PM
Quote from: Shotgun on December 16, 2012, 12:44:26 PM
David,

You have a very shrewish wife.     :D

Norm

Don't believe I'd'a said that.  ;D

I didn't said that...          ;D ;D     
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Busy Beaver Lumber

Darn Dave, you clean up pretty good and looked down right presentable in the presence of the lovely mrs.

But that artwork leaves a lot to be desired. Dont believe i would want to get between those two women and a serving tray full of food :D
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

pigman

QuoteThey had Servers that walked around with wooden platters serving horse derves.
I don't think I have ever had any of that type of horse feed. I am sure if it was served on one of those fancy platters it would be good.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Busy Beaver Lumber on December 16, 2012, 03:35:50 PM
Darn Dave, you clean up pretty good

3000psi Honda Pressure washer......Yellow tip.  :D :D :D

Cedarman

I'm like a chameleon.  Wear enough of the right stuff to blend in, but not overdo it by any means.  If the food is free, I don't care what I have to wear.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Okrafarmer

Poston,
Not sure if anybody said so, but your wife looks rather lovely too, btw.  :)
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Okrafarmer

Nobody had much to say about the artwork, but I was just wondering. You said the two owners (of your wife's company, I assume) hosted the party in their house. Were you under the impression that the painting was a portrait of relatives of theirs?  :-X

chain

Yeah, those social graces...and black tie affairs! I had to rent a tux and drive 300 miles to also meet in a room with folks many of which had never met.
All went well, one of our granddaughters was presented at a debutante Ball.

Our youngest granddaughter, ten years old, grew tired of all the goings on and I was proudly appointed to retire as babysitter for the evening! 8)

red

I am sure you drove your Pickup truck with your pet coyote
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Okrafarmer on December 16, 2012, 05:38:51 PM
Nobody had much to say about the artwork, but I was just wondering. You said the two owners (of your wife's company, I assume) hosted the party in their house. Were you under the impression that the painting was a portrait of relatives of theirs?  :-X

Well, I did not tell it all and DO NOT want this thread to get out of hand.  :D

The 2 owners are, well let's just say in the bathroom they have "His and His" towels hanging up.
They are really nice people......and they invited they're friends also. There were only 3 men there that had a wife. And one of the guys that had a wife, well......I'm really not sure about him.....I think he is a switch hitter for the local baseball team.   say_what
All the rest of the people that attended had Partners.

The Art they had hanging up was wild. I guess when you spend BIG BUCKS on paintings, you buy according to your taste. I know.....bad choice of words......you just had to be there.  ;D

Not only did I wear new clothes, I wore Duck Tape.  :D :D :D I told my wife to stay right by my side. She did.......she stayed on the left and my concealed weapon was on my right.

Now you understand the title of he thread....." a mouse in a room full of cats"

Thank You Sponsors!