iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

lt40 brake band repair

Started by pineywoods, August 19, 2017, 11:44:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pineywoods

Noticed the band was taking longer than normal to stop when clutch was dis-engaged. Bake band was worn down to metal on metal, no lining left. A chunk of 2 inch wide leather pants belt, gorilla glue, and couple of pop rivets and now good as new. Engage the clutch to take pressure off the brake, glue and pop rivet the new lining in place, the dis-engage the clutch to hold the new lining in place until the glue set up. Notice there was a bit of squeeze out  ::) That big ole spring in the pic is part of another mod, described in the useful sawmill mods thread.

1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

fishpharmer

Pineywoods, well done and thanks for sharing.    8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Magicman

I would expect no less from you my friend.  Well done.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

pineywoods

Thanks my friends. This is the second one I have done. I seem to have a good supply of leather belts that have shrunk so much in length they are no longer usable.  ::)
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Kbeitz

Contact cement works great for brake band glue.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Thank You Sponsors!