iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

swing mill job

Started by jdtuttle, August 26, 2017, 12:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdtuttle

A close friend had a very large black walnut come down on her property. Most of it's too big for my LT 40HD. Anyone near me with a swing mill that might be interested in sawing it up for her? It's in Candor, NY 13743. about 4 miles from my place.
Thanks,
Jim
Have a great day

nativewolf

Now that sounds like a nice project.  Walnut too big for a lt40
Liking Walnut

Savannahdan

Too bad she's too far away for me.  I'd love to have fun with a large  black walnut.  Good luck on the search.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

drobertson

Sounds like the perfect job for a swing mill to me,, and I will add this,, I liked my 40 super,,, alot actually.  But I have to add that after seeing these swing mills run at the Paul B show in Ohio for several years, by folks that knew how, these mills should never be dismissed as not being portable, accurate, or effective in getting a required product.  The cut lists made up for the shoot outs, in my mind were made out for real life rough sawn structure building stock, 2x's ect.....
Truth be known  these fellows from Lucas and Peterson came to show the goods,, in fact, I was as much or more impressed with their quality and consistency as the thin kerf band mills.  The bonus to these to the very little I really know about them is the ability to convert to a wide, big log! Slabbing machine,, this is not an ad, just a remark,, i really hope you find someone with a mill to convert this big round to a pile of squares and rectangles.. I see gun stock material in the future.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Gasawyer

You might call Lucas and see if anyone has a dsm23 or a slabbing attachment for one of the swing Mills. I us my dsm23 fairly often to break down large logs for my lt-40. An Alaskan mill is another option, their a bit more work but alot more people have them. Good luck.
Woodmizer LT-40hdd super hyd.,Lucas 618,Lucas 823dsm,Alaskian chainsaw mill 6',many chainsaws large and small,NH L555 skidsteer, Int. TD-9,JD500 backhoe, and International grapple truck.

Thank You Sponsors!