iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

all this rain is too much i give up

Started by snowstorm, June 27, 2012, 07:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowstorm

well for a couple weeks. have a little earth moving project. 600' of road 2 acres of parking lot along with retention pond and all that fun stuff. the down side is its 75 miles south of here

Woodhauler

Sure! Now how am i going to buy beer?
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

snowstorm

Quote from: Woodhauler on June 27, 2012, 08:03:55 PM
Sure! Now how am i going to buy beer?
you can come down and run the roller or put up silt fence plant grass seed. your real good at growing things

sprucebunny

Snowstorm, it sure was raining cats and dogs when I drove thru your town on Tuesday !!
Pretty soggy in Northern NH, too.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

dsgsr

Have a Landscaping biz with my Son. We have seen our share of MUDD >:(

David
Northlander band mill
Kubota M59 TLB
Takeuchi TB175 Excavator
'08 Ford 550 dump
'87 International Dump
2015 Miller 325 Trailblazer Welder/Gen

Autocar

You guys talking about all the rain is making me jealous it was 105 here today with a 18 mile per hour wind that felt like a blow torch. First time its been over a hundred sence 1988, i am getting sick of this pretty quick ! I quit at three and felt like I was hit by a truck even a thirty mile ride home in air didn't help much. A shower and by recliner did the trick   ;)
Bill

SwampDonkey

Nothing beats a good old bed, which is where I'm off to right now. Can't keep my eyes open. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

snowstorm

went and looked at the job today. a 300' by 400' trailer parking lot plus 2 roads. should be lots of fun. looks i will be staying here. dont even have to haul my dozer and excavator down. when i said my dozer was a little small for the job. they rented a cat d5 high sprocket with ac for me. the fuel truck will be there every morning. i wounder if i have to greese it my self? when i asked if it had a mast on the blade for my laser grade control "no but it will be on there by monday"

snowstorm

day 2 of the big dig. will be glad when its done. they sent a guy over to help. a motorcycle gang member seems like a nice guy tho.he his pretty good on a dozer. the d5 i like. blade visabilaty very good balance everything ac works well finger tip steering, nice. today someone decides we need 2 dozers. no more d5's to be had. i knew the other rental store had a 550j deere. thats what i wanted i got a new holland 75lt.......they should have stuck to building hay bailers. sorry if you have one but i dont like it. its hystat but it wont power turn but it will counter rotate. joy stick for speed steering f and r and 3 speeds push button. it takes a lot of effort to steer even more foe f and r. i dont like the blade and it noise dives real easy but it dose go very fast backwards. new holland can plan on selling a lot of undercarrage  700hrs so its fairly new

snowstorm

the new hollond died. put all of 8hr on it stoped charging and the brakes locked. it is one very complex machine

Norm

I rented a DC-150 to see if I wanted to own one. Spent most of it's time being worked on by the dealer. After one month I sent it back and got a Cat.

Autocar

They call all this new electronic equipment progress, but I still like a 9/16 wrench better then a diode  ;D
Bill

snowstorm

they came back today to work on the new holland. after a couple hrs he says i will go get a chain. so i hooked onto with the d5 and off we went. they drag really hard with the tracks locked. did get another d5 today so now we have 2 a d5m and a d5n. the n is much more refined. we i got home tonite  the cat dealer had called wanted to know if i need to rent anythig......how did he know?

sandhills

I've never ran a dozer before but been around a few of them, this thread kinda gives you an idea of why Cat has been in the dozer business so long, not saying there aren't other good ones out there though.

Bobus2003

I'd run my JD550G Over a Cat anyday..  Ran a Cat D3 for a while and I hated it, Lacked power, Steering sucked, slow hydraulics... But the Ole 2003 D8IIR I ran was fun.. Beast would rip some ground, and push a mound of dirt

Norm

My only experience with Cat dozers is a 92 D6, it's been a champ. My buddy works for an outfit that runs nothing but deere dozers and excavators. The older ones had problems but the newer ones are pretty good he tells me.

snowstorm

the sub grade is done and the gravel trucks started rolling today. just over a 1000yrds today. with trucks coming every 10 min. that d5  runs wide open

Woodhauler

So you will be done being a dirt dummy friday?  :D
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Woodhauler

Quote from: snowstorm on July 10, 2012, 07:33:01 PM
the sub grade is done and the gravel trucks started rolling today. just over a 1000yrds today. with trucks coming every 10 min. that d5  runs wide open
What did they do, tucker you all out!

snowstorm

come to find out it was 1500yds and almost the same today. and yes it will wear you out. 12 hr days along with 3hrs on the road. oh and i havnt tipped anything over

Woodhauler

Thought i saw you up on rt4 today at your buddys place in auburn. You going to finish this week?

snowstorm

its on kitty hock . get off the big road turn rite rite again just after the irving truck stop gose back over the pike half mile on the left

thecfarm

I use to work right close by there.What's going on with all of the fill? Something being built there?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

snowstorm

Quote from: thecfarm on July 12, 2012, 06:33:15 AM
I use to work right close by there.What's going on with all of the fill? Something being built there?
80 plus 53ft dry vans. they own just a bit over 1,400 trailers. and need a place to park when there are not on the road. trailers are the warehouse on wheels

snowstorm

my part of the job is done.almost 5000yrds of gravel. the last 2 days i put in coulverts rip rap and a plunge pool. used a 200 komatsu excavator. very nice machine. except for the ac. quiet , fast, nice. everyone seemed happy with the way it turned out.

Thank You Sponsors!