iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just had a tear come to my eye watching TV.........

Started by low_48, July 01, 2007, 11:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

low_48

Watching a show on The History Channel called "Boneyard" and they are cutting up a Caterpillar 20 for scrap. And to make it incredibly WRONG, they are using a Komatsu excavtor to do it. May those people rot in HE double toothpicks!!!!!! >:( To take a beautiful old machine like the 20 and pinch it to pieces with a big shear so we can ship it to China, well it almost makes me sick to my stomach. I was enjoying the machinery on the show, and the great work done to recycling stuff like old railroad iron and ties, but to pinch a beautiful antique machine into little pieces.................Oh the humanity...............

Dave Shepard

I feel your pain!

In one of my IH books, they have a factory picture of  I think a little D2 IH pickup in a scrapyard about WWII, on the top of the heap was an old Fordson, coincidence? You decide.  ;)

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

sprucebunny

I saw "Boneyard" the other night about recycling railroad parts.

Someone remind me why we are ripping up our railroads ?
Sure seems that moving 50 truckloads of stuff at a time is smarter than one truck at a time.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

TexasTimbers

Quote from: sprucebunny on July 02, 2007, 05:31:35 AM
Someone remind me why we are ripping up our railroads ?

It's not fair for us to remain a highly properous nation when all these other under-developed nations are hungry and have no economy with which to support themselves. The benevolent powers-that-be have determined that eventually, all countires must be equally blessed third worldish, and all peoples of the world must have the same amount of wealth be equally poor and needy, therefore dependent on the great government programs Hillary and the like want to force upon us.

Let me know what other mysteries you need illuminated. :D :)
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Quartlow

Quote from: sprucebunny on July 02, 2007, 05:31:35 AM
Sure seems that moving 50 truckloads of stuff at a time is smarter than one truck at a time.

Be nice, if the railroad didn't take so long to move it or lose it. To many companies today rely on just in time deliveries.
The railroad fails at JIT delivery.
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

jjmk98k

yeah, but its more fun to watch a train go by than another 18 wheeler....
Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

Thank You Sponsors!