iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cheap Guitars and Shameless Self Promotion

Started by Percy, October 04, 2019, 10:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Percy

I was at a charity fund raiser event where there was a silent auction happening...I donated a nice WRC live edge slab and bid on a guitar donated by the local music store. I got it for 230.00. I have a 3000.00 Martin D18 which sounds awesome but Im thinking not 2770.00 better. These must be CNC/robot built as the quality was so much better than I expected. When I was taking it home before I played it, my intention was to give it away to some one just starting out.....but after plinking for a few miniutes, I decided to keep it. No buzzes, light action, stays in tune all over the fingerboard...here it is just after I got it home on a little ditty of mine thats been half finished for the last 30 years... ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vGP8J_Br5Q
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Hilltop366

:)
And you won't feel so bad bringing it to a campfire or putting that first dent or scratch on it.

I have a cheap ($200) Washburn that I bought in the early nineties plays well after I lowered the action a bit but adding a bone bridge instead of a plastic one really woke it up. A cheap and easy bump up in sound quality. (apparently deer antler is suppose to be even a bit better than bone)

Resonator

One can never have too many guitars. :D smiley_guitarist
I have found a "cheap" guitar comes in handy as a back up when playing gigs, just in case a string breaks, and to have an extra to loan out for jam sessions.
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Nebraska

Thank you, that was a good way to end Friday at work.

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

lxskllr

Nice tune. You have anything recorded anywhere?

Banjo picker

Good to see a feller enjoy his music.  I liked it.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Percy

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

caveman

Thank you for sharing that, Percy.  I hope you get a lot of use and enjoyment out of it.
Kyle
Caveman

lxskllr

Sounds good. Are you playing synth on Streets also?

Percy

Quote from: lxskllr on October 08, 2019, 06:30:27 PM
Sounds good. Are you playing synth on Streets also?
Thanks!. No, I found a backing track online and asked the owner to use it.... :)

DPatton

:D :D :D :D :D Percy I'm still laughing about the tee shirt! 
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Thank You Sponsors!