iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mileage Rates For Portable Sawmills

Started by woodweasel, February 08, 2014, 04:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

backwoods sawyer

Milage charge can be very flexable,
When i first started most of my work was in the county and i had no setup or milage charge, the further out i started working the more i looked into a milage charge.

recently we had a snow/ice storm roll thru just north of the county line doing a large amount of damage to trees and the clean up efforts are underway.

This is my curent CL add i have running in the two listing north of us.
""If you have trees that would make better, lumber or furniture then firewood we can bring the sawmill to you and mill it on site.
      We run a Woodmizer LT-70 their largest hydraulic portable sawmill with computer setworks for fast and accurate handling and milling, we can mill over sized logs as well.
       We will waive all mileage, set up, and saw charges for the next six weeks to aid in the cleanup process, and will mill stickers to aid you in the care of your wood.
    Wish everyone the best in your cleanup efforts.""

We have family that we can stay with scattered around the 100x150 mile area that got hit the hardest and are sceduling milling jobs that are close together back to back, minimizing the number of trips.

As a side bonus it will put us in the area to attend the Oregon Logging Conference.

Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

backwoods sawyer

Quote from: Finn1903 on February 10, 2014, 02:35:29 PM
Do you guys charging $1 per mile one way know that the IRS reimbursement rate is more than what you charge? 
I just got my check for mileage for surving on Jury Duty, total miles drove 120, total of check $12.00  ::)
somewhere in the midle seems to be the balance.
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

LittleJohn

Happy to report, official IRS reimbursement rate for 2013, drum roll please, $0.56/mile

Hey it cost me $0.33/mile just in fuel - dually getting 12mpg @ about $4 a gallon; so yeah I charge $1/mile and live with it.  If I am removing slabs, aka throwing in back of truck, then I do charge mileage round trip each day.

SawyerBrown

Quote from: LittleJohn on February 12, 2014, 11:48:07 AM
Happy to report, official IRS reimbursement rate for 2013, drum roll please, $0.56/mile

Hey, LittleJohn, I think the rate is actually $0.565. Not that that extra 1/2-cent makes a huge difference, but every (1/2) penny counts.  ;)
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SawyerBrown

Quote from: Magicman on February 12, 2014, 08:57:49 PM
Nope.  $0.565 last year.  $0.56 this year.  IRS Mileage Rates, 2014
Yes ... Confusion I guess is LittleJohn said 2013, he probably meant 2014. So MM you summarized it correctly.
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

Thank You Sponsors!