iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Daily carnage thread

Started by mike_belben, July 23, 2018, 11:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: mike_belben on October 11, 2018, 11:01:34 AMMy goal is to never leave home and work every day.

That is why I collect/save every nut and bolt I come across.  All somewhat organized that I can usually find what I need:

Probably 5,000 pieces :o  I still have another 10 or 20 jars of "collections" to sort through.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

mike_belben

Organization is key!   If it takes you 3 days to stumble on the thing you know you have, a trip to town is a better value.  

I have the primary stuff in bins and get by pretty well.  I manage to group things well enough that if i find the group, ill have every nut and bolt from that chainsaw thats been moved across the country and been apart 5 yrs. My problem is no shop and still half way moved.  I have hardware store bins to put up once im settled, then i will start sorting the 5 gallon buckets of 30cents/lb scrapyard hardware. Money doesnt matter that much in the country.  You and your neighbors get by trading mower blades and weed wacker coils. Junk is important here.

And your setup looks great john!  I have order envy.
Praise The Lord

g_man

Quote from: mike_belben on October 11, 2018, 11:01:34 AM

Blown hose?  
I am pretty fortunate to have a hose maker, dies and a lot of ends.  It took about 5 yrs to collect it all and gets me out of most jams.  Fortunately there is a great hose shop about 30 mins from me when i cant cobble something.  
My goal is to never leave home and work every day.  I avg about 1 to 2 week stretches.  Most of the bits i need come in the mail.  Saves me a lot of half hour trips to town.
You got it. Replaced all three. Never left home. DiscountHydraulicHose.com. Ordered Friday got hoses Tuesday. Regular US mail. 

They been there a while. Lots of PB Blaster and a "Box" Wrench.  :D

gg

nativewolf

Man, I guess I need to take more pictures.  Mike is too *DanG far ahead and probably 10x the mechanic.  For instance, I spent 10 mins trying to get an oil drain plug off the morning.  Have to go back with a pipe for leverage.  Someone must have tightened it on with an impact wrench.  

Took Mikes advice though and pumped the hydraulic and fuel tanks empty after I ripped 3 hoses off on the forwarder crane, found the hydraulic tanks nearly empty (not from me) so it was worthwhile getting them clean.  Diesel tank is clean too (cheap harbor freight transfer pump does wonders.  
Liking Walnut

g_man

Quote from: nativewolf on October 11, 2018, 12:10:36 PM
Man, I guess I need to take more pictures.  Mike is too *DanG far ahead and probably 10x the mechanic.  For instance, I spent 10 mins trying to get an oil drain plug off the morning.  Have to go back with a pipe for leverage.  Someone must have tightened it on with an impact wrench.  

Took Mikes advice though and pumped the hydraulic and fuel tanks empty after I ripped 3 hoses off on the forwarder crane, found the hydraulic tanks nearly empty (not from me) so it was worthwhile getting them clean.  Diesel tank is clean too (cheap harbor freight transfer pump does wonders.  
Pictures are good - that way you can figure out what you were doing when you wake up from your nap.
gg

Hilltop366

Quote from: mike_belben on October 11, 2018, 10:54:27 AMWell then dont take this the wrong way, but Im actually a pretty good mechanic

I figure you know what your doing Mike, with used equipment you inherit not only the design flaws of the manufacture but also the misuse and abuse and half baked repairs of the previous owners, the only reason my old backhoe does not break more often is I don't use it often.

kiko

Satamax

French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

newoodguy78

That has an expensive look about it 

mike_belben

The Least Likely To Buff Out Award goes to KIKO!  
Praise The Lord

barbender

That looks like a "it was making a noise, so I turned up the radio" type of mechanical failures!😂
Too many irons in the fire

teakwood

National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

nativewolf

Quote from: kiko on October 11, 2018, 03:06:47 PM
Planetary carnage.

"what's that? Speak up this machines been making a helluva noise for 2 weeks now"
Liking Walnut

51cub

I'll have to start taking some pictures around here. A few years back one of the drivers came in 3 times during the same storm with the right rear outside wheel in a perfect triangle- never hit nothing. Another tore a hydraulic tank off the truck. He didn't think he'd hit anything that hard. Won't even talk about what some of the plows come in looking like
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

Oliver05262

Real special to come in the shop and find this. One of the herders left his truck (loaded) in front of the door and put this PTO shaft and

hose on the floor for someone to deal with in the morning...............
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

mike_belben

I thought you were building some rod iron house plant arbor there for a minute.
Praise The Lord

thecfarm

At a quick glace I thought it was a hyd hose.  :o
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Hilltop366

I believe I still have a matching drive shaft to that one in the junk pile somewhere if you need a pair.

kiko

mike_belben

Nah just underweldered.   ;D
Praise The Lord

barbender

I can't believe the stuff people can break!
Too many irons in the fire

Gary_C

He could have been trying to pull stumps. If you can't lift them out, try driving away. :)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

GRANITEstateMP

If you stand farther away when you take the picture, it'll look better... Maybe not
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

KWood255

Turns out that I didn't really need to turn up the hydraulic pressure on the tractor to split some huge pine logs....

mike_belben

Its split alright.  We will rebuild!

Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!