iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking for my own replacement

Started by Jeff, August 19, 2004, 01:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I'll have more to say later when I got some time but for now...

Looking for a head sawyer for commercial sized circle mill in central Northern Michigan. Prefer experienced and ready to go but I will train the right individual. THis job has served me for over 20 years but its time for someone else to take the reigns due to some broken and breaking down body parts.

If you think you can do it, better yet, if you know you can do it, let me know. Again, I'll fill in some more on this later next week as I am off to Buckley old engine show! :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Pete J

From what my fellow FF members would say:

You are not replaceable!

D._Frederick

Jeff,

Yes, getting old is the pits, every injury you ever had will start hurting again when the years start to pile up.

I hate to see you stop sawing at a "real mill", your reporting on what happen when hitting metal and other "break-downs" has made for some interesting reading.

Bibbyman

Jeff,  I've tried to think of someone that may be able and willing to run one of those old circle sawmills.  All three of my uncles that ran them are no longer with us.  There are a neighbor or two that are still kicking but I doubt if they could make it to the sawbooth and back. :-/

Did see this fellow sawing with a circle sawmill today.

Here is the "little engine" that pulled it..

The Old Thrasher's reunion is always a pleasent experiance.  I'll post a little more on the show in the "Shows and places to meet" section.

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

etat

well boss i for one was surely relieved to find out you was talking about sawmilling rather than the forestry forum.  my opinion is that on about any job anywhere a person can be replaced.  things like that change, that's life.  people come and go.  betcha they're gonna miss ya over there at that ole mill.

but,,,,,what had me worried for a minute from the title of your post is that it went through my head you was talking about the forestry forum.  now that would have been a tragedy beyond comparison.  just letting ya know i appreciate you letting me hang around here and i can guarantee you they won't miss you at that mill as much as we'd of missed you here if you had of been talking about this forum.  

oops, gotta go see what i can get into........... ;D
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

AtLast

EXCELLANT  pic Bibby...love those ole reliables....did u happen to see the year of that thing?

woodhaven

There is no doubt that you know and have seen more that I ever will about sawing. Just stay here to help answer questions and give advice. I am sure the mill will be calling on you for tips after you are gone. Tell me you arn't going to get one of those other kind of mills as a hobby. That would be a insult.

Circle sawyers and mills never quit they just need new teeth once in a while.
Richard

smwwoody

Jeff
I may be looking for a change.  let me know what you are looking for and what type of time frame you are dealing with

Woody
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

Thank You Sponsors!