iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

pinion for woodmizer lt40

Started by Gustavo, August 21, 2007, 06:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gustavo

i have problem with  4 pinions of  the up  and down of the head of my    woodmizer lt40

i had speak a lot of times with the local dealer  and there are not  answer 

i m thingin  put  a no original pinion  but i dont know the type of chain  that woodmizer use for this model   

its a  lt40   sh  from  1995  (near) 

thanks to the forum for share very value informations.
here i have got good information  and  over all   good friends

Gustavo

the correct word is sprocket   

in the woodmizer  manual  this number is S 07976

Dan_Shade

are you having trouble locating the part? or are you wanting an alternative to the sprockets?
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Gustavo

the local dealer of woodmizer  in argentina have not  this parts

so im looking for  an alternative  piece

in my city  there are a lot of   industries  of  agriculture machines
(john deere ,  massey ferguson,  class) so i thing  there be    equivalent pieces

i only want to know the size of the  chain

Brucer

Gustavo, the part numbers for my LT40 are different from yours, so I can't help you directly. Try this ...

Find the up-down chain in your manual. See if it has a description that looks something like "chain, #50-2 ...". This will tell you the size of the sprockets.
  #40 = 1/2" pitch.
  #50 = 5/8" pitch.
  #60 = 3/4" pitch.
and ...
   #50-2 means 5/8" pitch with 2 strands.

If you have this information, all you have left to do is to count the teeth on the sprocket.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

sparks

We buy them from 2 different companys but under the same part number. Here is the manufacturer number. DS40B10x3/4. Maybe someone down there can cross them over.   Thanks
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

Bibbyman

If all else fails,  you could take the old one to the parts supply place and see if they can match it.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Slabs

If you're talking 4 pinions/sprockets you must meen the offset idlers.  They should be a common machinery supply item if you have a local supplier.  The chain is a # 40 and you can count the teeth on the sprocket and measure the center hole to describe it to the machinery supplier possibly over the phone.

As previously described, if you can take the defective part to the supplier, maybe he can either match it or supply one that can be adapted.

If you need the drive sprocket mounted on the gearbox output shaft, it's a 2-chain, 11 tooth, one inch bore sprocket unless you have the integral shaft and sprocket assembly.  If you have the assembly, you might still be able to machine off the defective sprocket and fit  a one-inch bore replacement onto the shaft.

Good luck
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

Slabs

Just looked at the manual and see that you are referring to the "drive" sprocket.  My industrial supply catalog (Grainger) doesn't list a #40 chain 11 tooth sprocket as a standard with a one inch bore.  No real problem. A machine shop can bore a standard socket out and re-broach the keyway.  If you have the integral shaft and sprocket assembly and choose to replace locally, you'll have to machine off the old sprocket and mill a keyway for the replacement sprocket.

Hope this hasn't gotten too complicated.

Again, good luck.
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

Gustavo

thanks   i ll buy this

now i had the chain number  and i ll be easy

thanks again

Gustavo

in the wm manual   said ยท#40      realy  must said     chain   ASA #40

its equivalent to  1/2 inch   ..

i have learn one more time

"deading  and still learning"

Thank You Sponsors!