iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

100% pure Canadian snow for sale! Best offer.

Started by RKH Logging, March 08, 2014, 09:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RKH Logging

just thought i would share some pics of winter in Sault Ste, Marie Ontario. zero work going on. cant wait for this snow to be gone, so i figured i would try to sell some to speed up the process.

samandothers

Great Pictures!  I recon I'll pass on purchasing.  Hauling fees would be expensive and by the time it arrived and I got it placed I'd have much mud so resale would be though any profit would melt away.

RKH Logging

thanks for the offer. I'm just trying to substituent some sort of income. I figured i would give this a shot. I heard of selling ice to an Eskimo, so figured selling snow to some loggers was not going to be much harder. :D

Sheepkeeper

That's some premium quality snow you've got there! Should fetch a good price.  ;D
The hurry-er I go the behind-er I get.

RKH Logging

yea i just haven't decided on pricing yet. I'm thinking bulk orders will bring huge discounts. i don't no weather to go by the yard or by the flake.

thenorthman

well that didn't work

DonT

Maybe work the "you assemble snowman kits" marketing strategy.If you run out I can send you some of ours from Southern Ontario.

marcusthgault

Ah had heered the Russians was buying snow for the Winter Olympics. 8)
Worth a punt.
Theres nathing as wouldnay werk better fer been teighn asundry furst.

Skip

BargeMonkey

Quote from: DonT on March 08, 2014, 11:41:18 AM
Maybe work the "you assemble snowman kits" marketing strategy.If you run out I can send you some of ours from Southern Ontario.

Do the snow-man kits come with a flannel shirt and say EH' all the time ..?   8)

coxy

Quote from: BargeMonkey on March 08, 2014, 03:00:44 PM
Quote from: DonT on March 08, 2014, 11:41:18 AM

Do the snow-man kits come with a flannel shirt and say EH' all the time ..?   8)
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

sawguy21

Place your orders now, current supply is going fast. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

billporterfield

You guys, you think this snow is a novelity and can get a good sale. We down here in Northern Wisconsin have this stuff on the ground year around and can't give it away.Good luck selling.

Ford_man

It is easier to sell things than it is to give it away. smiley_bouncing smiley_bouncing smiley_bouncing

isawlogs

I tried the telemarketing aspect of Snowman material for sale  and the lucky recepient of the call hung up on me..... imagine that, ya offer a great deal on unassembled snowmen and they hang up on ya.  >:(  I have enough of that here that he could of assembled an army of snowmen too. 
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Stephen Alford

Had  one of Marcels snow man kits here somewhere.  :-\

logon

jargo432

I'd like to put some on backorder for August here in Texas.
Jack of all trades.

isawlogs

Fresh out of rainchecks ... sorry, deal with august when it comes around ..... :snowball: :snowball:    ;D  ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

DonT

Only the old  models come with the flannel shirts.The new ones come with a Tim Hortons cup.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Corley5

We've got more than enough domestically produced snow  ;) :D ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: RKH Logging on March 08, 2014, 09:51:47 AM
yea i just haven't decided on pricing yet. I'm thinking bulk orders will bring huge discounts. i don't no weather to go by the yard or by the flake.

If you're selling to California, sell by the FLAKE!   :D :D :D :D

Herb

Raider Bill

Quote from: isawlogs on March 09, 2014, 09:36:27 AM
I tried the telemarketing aspect of Snowman material for sale  and the lucky recepient of the call hung up on me..... imagine that, ya offer a great deal on unassembled snowmen and they hang up on ya.  >:(  I have enough of that here that he could of assembled an army of snowmen too.

Can't believe someone would hang up on a funny talking guy trying to sell snow. :D :D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

GAB

RKH Logging:
Count yourself very lucky that the U. S. DHS personel did not do their jobs and stop the clouds at the border as they should have.  Had they done their jobs then you would really have a surplus of snow.  Also, forget about shipping it to the U. S. as the DHS personnel would think you are trying to get some sort of contraband in the U. S. and would have to play in it until it all melted trying to find whatever it was they thought you were trying to smuggle.
On the other hand if the weather gets real hot this summer then the Texas Poultry people could use it to keep their chickens from laying hard boiled eggs. 
But if you do sell some to CA (FOB only) I agree that by the flake is the best way.  Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

RKH Logging

wow!! haven't been on in a few days this post took off really good. but I still never got any serious offers yet. maybe its one of those things that goes up in value with time. we had are first warm day today everything is starting to condense a bit. I hope spring is around the corner, i hope this was not just a tease..

Thank You Sponsors!