iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

-Trading the girlfriend in on a new 604C -

Started by BargeMonkey, July 06, 2014, 09:31:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BargeMonkey

I dont know how many of you guys have experienced this, but its a good laugh.  8)

July 4th the GF and I move the last of her 150 pairs of shoes and furniture to our new place, and she asks me to get done early because of the fireworks. Ok, sure honey, sure. Head back up to the woods, slash up about 60 trees I had on the deck, and grease everything. Got plenty of time. Good. Heading down the road and a older gentleman who ive worked for for years asks me for help on his lawnmower. Good, still have plenty of time. Now its pushing 630pm, get to my parents house and find out I need to tear down our large gangsaw before I leave because my father will be picking the blades up tomorrow.  Oh boy. I call her as im swinging wrenches to let her know I will be "a little late". The response I get on the phone cant be typed on this website.  8)  I get down to the house, and 5ft of 38DD fury meets me at the door. She proceeds to tear me out, that "logging is more important than she is", so I just shake my head yes. She doesnt take that well, and launches her 3k$ engagement ring at me. Watch out. Im starting to wonder here, the payment on a low hour 604C ive seen is about what im spending on the GF a month, im going to call the dealer monday and see what they will give me for her in trade. I just dont think the average woman knows what it takes to make it logging, the long hours, bad weather, and if you dont produce your out of luck.  Anyway im still laughing about it.  8)

mesquite buckeye

She still mad? You can still back out, you know. :-\ :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

red

I still have the Rolex from my ex wife . . You got the Wrong Girl
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

petefrom bearswamp

At this point be glad that she is just your GF and not your wife.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

cutter88

I can't complain my wife never gets mad that I work alot of weekends or miss supper at night so I'm thankful,she even came to the bush and helped me slash up what was in the landing yesterday... Trade urs on a 604 barge monkey :P
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

luvmexfood

Sometimes it's better to rent/lease than to buy.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Woodboogah

It's like try before you buy.  I cant complain, I made out well.  My wife also knows if I don't work her shoe collection wont grow and bills wont get paid.  Good luck bargemonkey, plenty of fish in the sea, right?
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: BargeMonkey on July 06, 2014, 09:31:35 AM
... and 5ft of 38DD fury meets me at the door...

Maybe you need a smaller caliber girlfriend...

Herb

Southside

Well, you literally could say to people that you "Got a new skidder for your girlfriend"  "Good trade, eh?"
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

CCC4

Well here's my point of view....and it's going to be different from the other guys...

My long term GF of 17 years split up right after Christmas. I have an 11 year old Son and he went with her to. I know there were other issues but a couple she sited to my friends were that all I did was work. I thought I was doing right and providing for my Family by working 7 days a week...now they are gone.

So when you hear the silence in your house and everything you knew as a home life is stripped away after 17 years...then you will know how I feel. I really couldn't have changed much to keep our little Family together...but I wish I had done at least something.

CTL logger

Sounds like a better investment to me. I've had several relationships end the same way if that all it took I'd be moving her back out the next day. Good luck

kiko

5 foot of 38DD fury sounds better to me than a  note on a Tigercat  skidder with electrical problems and busted hydro stats .  In my experience two things are for sure in this situation,  women like to be your priority and tigercat skidders are overrated .

BargeMonkey

Quote from: mesquite buckeye on July 06, 2014, 10:03:13 AM
She seems to be acting better now, blames her attitude on "female" issues.  :o.  Just irritates me that a guy can go work 15-hrs in the woods and you get the attitude about how hard "they" work. Anyway I figured it was a good laugh, cant seem to find time to get anything done right now, working 9-10days on the boat and 4-5 days off and logging in between.  8)

bigred1951

i just better stay quiet on this one haha. My gf the same except a lil taller so it could hurt worse  :o

Peter Drouin

I would run for the hills , My wife of 34 years never yelled at me or called the cops on me. As long as I bring home the bacon . :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

glassman_48

only 150 pairs of shoes ;D  my girlfriend (now wife) moved in 6 years ago, and the only room left I have in the whole house is my little closet off my uh er I mean our bedroom.  We had 1 argument in the 4 plus years before we got married,,,,,,after we got married we have had a few more arguments.  I think your lucky that she is telling you how she feels up front, now there wont be any surprises,,,,,,,good luck,,,,,

cutter88

Quote from: CCC4 on July 06, 2014, 11:38:45 AM
  Well here's my point of view....and it's going to be different from the other guys...

My long term GF of 17 years split up right after Christmas. I have an 11 year old Son and he went with her to. I know there were other issues but a couple she sited to my friends were that all I did was work. I thought I was doing right and providing for my Family by working 7 days a week...now they are gone.

So when you hear the silence in your house and everything you knew as a home life is stripped away after 17 years...then you will know how I feel. I really couldn't have changed much to keep our little Family together...but I wish I had done at least something.

Well said
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

Huskstihl

Kids change everything.  I have no problem missing time with my wife due to work.  She's usually just telling me how I could be a better husband/father if I tried harder.  I don't like missing my kids stuff, but I'm not working for fun, or to buy myself toys, I'm working to earn money for their home/food/education

luvmexfood

Quote from: BargeMonkey on July 06, 2014, 11:51:26 AM
Quote from: mesquite buckeye on July 06, 2014, 10:03:13 AM
She seems to be acting better now, blames her attitude on "female" issues.  :o.  Just irritates me that a guy can go work 15-hrs in the woods and you get the attitude about how hard "they" work. Anyway I figured it was a good laugh, cant seem to find time to get anything done right now, working 9-10days on the boat and 4-5 days off and logging in between.  8)

Just remember those "female issues" come up monthly. Sometimes I think more often. LOL. Women have that as an explanation. Men have no monthly excuse for that. Imagine if an argument insued and the man said: "well it's my time of the month". HA

Windy_Acres

My 2 cents, a curb check is in order... or as a buddy would say "Run Forest, Run"

She can excuse it to whatever she wants, I will guarantee you, that is not the last time you will hear that.

Im 47, never been married, or fathered any children, never made it to engagement, no rings, always have had a girl friend. That said, every single one, wanted to get married, except the current, she has been divorced 3 times, apparently, she is not ready for a 4th divorce.

If I came home to that, it would happen 1 time. Ive owned several businesses, and Im a work-a-holic, and Im not chasing dollars, I just enjoy keeping busy. When Im good and ready to come in the house, I will.

I have found they are all very different, and on that note, Ive been down the " your married to your business" BS. To which my reply is, "thank you captain obvious", "Werent you just leaving ?"

Good luck, and think long and hard about buying rings, it can lead to expensive and messy times. I dont know first hand, but I sure have learned allot by watching my buddies do it !  ;D

Autocar

Your fine the right one,better now to find out rather then after you have a few kids. Some girls just need a nine to five husband, most loggers are day lite to dark. I have a friend that on his first date with his now wife seen a raccoon setting in a tree when he turned a corner with his head lights. He stays at the tree while his new girl friend goes to his parents house. She walks in and says Jeff says he needs a 22 , it's alot better story when he tells it but there still togather   :D.
Bill

redprospector

I apologized to my Dad once for being such an ass to him. My excuse was that I had been drinking too much.
He told me that alcohol won't make an ass out of anyone, it just brings out the ass that's already there.

I use that same philosophy with women.
"Female problems" won't make an ass out of anyone, they just bring out the ass that they've been hiding.

You're the one who has to make up your mind if you want to put up with that kind of stuff on a regular basis or not. I've been down that road a couple of times, wish I had been able to learn from others experiences, but I seldom am.
Good luck, you're going to need it.  smiley_beertoast
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

luvmexfood

Red prospector. alcohol won't make an ass out of anyone, it just brings out the ass that's already there. That is such a true statement. I'm saving that one.

barbender

Quote from: luvmexfood on July 06, 2014, 06:04:27 PM
Red prospector. alcohol won't make an ass out of anyone, it just brings out the ass that's already there. That is such a true statement. I'm saving that one.
X2
Too many irons in the fire

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: cutter88 on July 06, 2014, 10:24:57 AM
I can't complain my wife never gets mad that I work alot of weekends or miss supper at night so I'm thankful,she even came to the bush and helped me slash up what was in the landing yesterday... Trade urs on a 604 barge monkey :P

Now there is a keeper. You are a lucky man, cutter. ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Thank You Sponsors!