iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

- split belt conveyor -

Started by BargeMonkey, July 27, 2014, 11:14:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BargeMonkey

Ive been rolling the idea around of copying a "split belt" conveyor ive seen. I have the extended chip separator on my processor now, which gets about 1 wheelbarrow load of fine wood and bark from every load, but I think I can get it close to zero. Leaving a large pile of bark and chips is catching up with my competition. Ive seen the tumblers but its just not going to work with how my machine is set up inside, the conveyor end is about 8ft inside the door. Wondering if any of you guys have a split belt or have done it ?

glassman_48

bargemonkey,
I think cord king or multitek has a simple metal frame that attaches to the outside of the end of the conveyor and hangs back under the conveyor so when the junk falls it drops right under the conveyor.  Much different than a tumbler.  If I find which company has a good picture I will refer you to that.  good luck,,,,ed

OH logger

I use a rock bucket to load the dry wood on the delivery truck and when I do I shake it to get most of the debris out. it works good. I like doing it with dry wood because I think you get more crap out and end up with a nicer product.
john

GRANITEstateMP

On my HAKKI PILKE 1x37 there is about 16 or so inches of flat stock welding narrow end up spaced about an inch apart that a lot of the little bark chips / splits / debris falls through.  It works ok, but isn't the end all be all, you end up cleaning out under the machine a couple times a cord so it won't get caught in the discharge conveyor.  Hope that helps.

Matt
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Thank You Sponsors!