iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Depressed !

Started by Autocar, February 05, 2012, 05:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

Took a walk this afternoon and it's depressing how my neighbor hood has changed over the years. Ive been down this path a dozen times but it still dosen't set well with me. Nothing I can say or do to change progress. Guess I'll stop at that !  :(
Bill

samandothers

Sorry for your experience in the walk and what is occurring in your neighborhood.  I see similar things from my old neighborhood I grew up in.  Middle class folk, great families and wonderful place to grow up.  Then the decline in the textile and furniture industry, 12 % unemployment and income decline. The neighborhood is not the same and not as friendly. 

Raider Bill

Quote from: Autocar on February 05, 2012, 05:35:55 PM
Took a walk this afternoon and it's depressing how my neighbor hood has changed over the years. Ive been down this path a dozen times but it still dosen't set well with me. Nothing I can say or do to change progress. Guess I'll stop at that !  :(

I feel your pain!

I got to get out of this place!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Bill Gaiche

These days are sure not like the old days for sure. I guess we older fellas see where we came from to be friendlier and at a slower pace and a lot of that is gone. Where I was born in NW Arkansas it has changed so much it seems like a different place completly. I like the old days when there was a lot of mom and pop farms,timber and dirt roads which I dont mind being paved now. Everytime I go over, there is another little farm that has been replaced by some big building of some sort. I have to say to myself I remember the good ole days when this was really peacefull little area to have lived. Autocar I understand how you feel so just remember the good old days and just keep on truckin. Have a good day by the way. bg

Autocar

Thanks guys today was a new day  :D What bums me when I grew up around here the woods I live in was surrounded by sixty plus acres there were fence lines, tree line creek banks. Now the wood lots have been bull dozed off and here I set in my 18 acres getting blowed away. Creek banks now only have a grass growing along them that the county sprays weed killer on, no more water pools everything drains till its dry,even the line fences between one mans farm and the next guys place is gone. I was up in Paulding cty today we have it good compared to the west side of there cty. From Melrose Ohio you can see till the ground meets the sky. And to top that theres wind farms one wind mill after the other for miles. Are we any better off I don't think so but after 64 years on this earth Ive given up trying to figure it all out . Thanks for the support it's to bad everyone that apprecates trees and wildlife can't live in the same section and just let it all grow up. Iam not trying to step on any farmers toes I understand with a two hundred and fifty thousand dollar combine you don't want to tear the auger off with a ten dollar tree. And I like to eat as much as the next guy its just hard for me to understand why we can't have a little of both. Bill
Bill

Thank You Sponsors!