iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The wife asked for a GreenHouse

Started by Geeg, August 13, 2016, 05:03:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geeg

Quote from: rasman57 on October 26, 2016, 12:08:36 PM
That is a project you both will be proud of.  Great looking build and location.  You did quite well.    It looks "GOODER THAN CHICKEN" like the Barnwood Builder boy on TV says.  Very NICE!

GOODER THAN CHICKEN, Thanks rasman.

Well got it finished for the winter, will have to wait till the spring to finish it off and close it up. Here are the remaining pics of the project.

Retired Airbus 380 Captain. Timberking 2200,  Kioti RX6010PC,  Nyle Kiln KD250, Polaris WV850

Czech_Made

Beautiful!

Now I will do the stupid thing - show your last pictures to my wife. ;D

tburch

Looks GREAT!   Are you planing your timbers?  They sure look smooth. 

Todd
Peterson 10" WPF with slabber. Cooks AC36 Diesel.
'94 Ford 4830 Diesel 2WD & FEL.  Norse 450 skid winch.  Logrite fetching arch.  Fransgard Forestry Grapple.

Geeg

Thanks Todd,

I bought the Makita KP312 12-1/4" Hand Held Planer. Was a little expensive but well worth it. The timbers were planned as soon as they came off the mill.
Retired Airbus 380 Captain. Timberking 2200,  Kioti RX6010PC,  Nyle Kiln KD250, Polaris WV850

fishfighter

What did you use for the roofing? That makes it pop out nice. ;D

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Geeg

Quote from: fishfighter on November 22, 2016, 07:20:42 AM
What did you use for the roofing? That makes it pop out nice. ;D

I used a product called polycoolite http://www.regal-plastics.com/polycoolite.html it is specifically designed for greenhouses and for growing plants. It was really easy to install.

Brad_bb

Let me just ask a real basic question here.... Is there enough light there to make things grow?  Usually they are built in a sunny spot?
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Ljohnsaw

I asked that back on reply #9 and he answered in #11.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Geeg

I know that its been awhile but I did finally make some headway with this project and thought I would add a couple of pics and a video that my wife took. Not sure how we got so lucky but we all the windows that we needed in one place, the better half spent hours scraping and sanding the old paint off and re-painting them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSY_jf9Zsns

thecfarm

Dog gone that looks nice. Mighty nice.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Brian_Weekley

Really nice looking.  You did an awesome job on that!
e aho laula

Thank You Sponsors!