iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

i found a way to remove gorilla glue from your hands

Started by yukon cornelius, April 10, 2014, 09:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yukon cornelius

it was a belt sander. it also took off some of the skin but only the part that the belt sander touched. for a split second it was just clean skin.  ;D :D
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

sandhills

:D, hope it didn't get too deep.  We have back tag glue at the salebarn and it gets all over everything, best things we've found so far is WD40 or the grease from the french fries at the cafe to get it off  :D (I'm not joking).

Ianab

The official way is "wait until your stained skin wears away".

A belt sander just wears it a bit faster than normal.  :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

yukon cornelius

sandhills, those must be some really good fries! it wasn't too deep. I am thinking about doing pedicures and a whole spa treatment type thing with my shop tools. oh and I just thought of medical procedures I can do. mole removals, skin exfoliating, corn and callus removal.

im feeling so inspired I think I can start advertising on craigslist immediately. im going to be rich!! 8)

ianab are you saying that it sped up time?  I may have found a time portal through my belt sander? so if I can make it run backwards an run it on the top of my head......my hair may come back...... :o

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: yukon cornelius on April 11, 2014, 08:47:37 AM
sandhills, those must be some really good fries! it wasn't too deep. I am thinking about doing pedicures and a whole spa treatment type thing with my shop tools. oh and I just thought of medical procedures I can do. mole removals, skin exfoliating, corn and callus removal.

im feeling so inspired I think I can start advertising on craigslist immediately. im going to be rich!! 8)

ianab are you saying that it sped up time?  I may have found a time portal through my belt sander? so if I can make it run backwards an run it on the top of my head......my hair may come back...... :o

Corny,

Well, we suspected it before, now it's confirmed:

You're STRANGE!

(Just jokin' around!  :D :D :D :D )

Herb

DanG

:D :D :D

Maybe you should look into a kinder, gentler approach to glue removal.  It may not be as much fun at the time, but the aftermath should be more pleasant while still providing fodder for a good story.

About 40 years ago on a cool winter night, there came a strange bumping noise at my back door.  When I looked out the window, I saw my neighbor standing there with his hands clasped in front of him, beating on my door with his elbow.  I opened the door and said, "What now, Dick?  ::) "  He launched into this hilarious account of how he was using some contact cement for something with their washing machine serving as a workbench.  He had managed to knock the whole can over and it was running down into the machine.  He was in a race against time to get it all mopped up before: 1. It started to set up  2. His wife found out.  In his haste to clean the washing machine, his hands never entered his mind until the glue started to dry, so he started trying to wipe them clean.  Too late!  :o :D  Anyway, he and his wife had tried every chemical substance they had on hand(no pun intended) to no avail, so he came to see if I had anything different.  We scoured my kitchen and garage for chemicals and eliminated most as having been tried, but found a few that didn't work either.  Just as we were about to give up and head for the ER, I noticed a can of Coleman fuel in the corner.  We tried it and bless Goodness it worked a treat!  It stripped that stuff off slick as anything, so he took it home to finish cleaning the washing machine and floor.  Scoundrel never did bring it back!  >:(  :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

petefrom bearswamp

My oldest stepdaughter once glued two fingers together with super glue.
Wasn't much fun getting them apart but she did it without any solvent of any kind just kept gently pulling and resting for about ten minutes.
I also heard a story of a bachelor party where the bridegroom was rather inebriated and passed out so the guys glued a part of his male anatomy to his abdomen with super glue.
No story on how it was unstuck tho.
Probably urban legend.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

21incher

What grit do you recommend for glue removal?  ;D
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: 21incher on April 11, 2014, 04:56:54 PM
What grit do you recommend for glue removal?  ;D

I think you'd need some True Grit...

Herb

yukon cornelius

Quote from: petefrom bearswamp on April 11, 2014, 04:17:32 PM
My oldest stepdaughter once glued two fingers together with super glue.
Wasn't much fun getting them apart but she did it without any solvent of any kind just kept gently pulling and resting for about ten minutes.
I also heard a story of a bachelor party where the bridegroom was rather inebriated and passed out so the guys glued a part of his male anatomy to his abdomen with super glue.
No story on how it was unstuck tho.
Probably urban legend.

well I guess god blessed me there, it would take small pliers a magnifying glass and a fair bit of stretching to do that to me. it aint very big but it sure is small! ok now that's inappropriate. sorry to much info.

on another note 80 grit was my grit of choice.

kderby

Humility will serve you well Mr. Cornelius. :D :D :D :D :D :D

80 grit.  I'll make a note of it. ;D

Thank You Sponsors!