iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Creeping red fescue for reseeding?

Started by GlennCz, September 29, 2005, 10:49:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlennCz

I am reseeding some skid roads and it was recommended that I use creeping red fescue.  Now that looks like a nice short grass, and today I ordered 60lbs to pick up at Agway in a week.  But before I do all that, does anyone know of any possible negative effects of this plant.  My logger just left that section and the road is better than it has ever been, skidding in these dry conditions has really smoothed it out nice, not ruts whatsoever.  Previously I planted it with regular contractors mix and that was fine, but I want a short grass, when grass is over a foot, it gets annoying to walk in.  I am mixing this with white clover which I was able to get a big bag of for cheap.  - Glenn Poconos, Pennsylvania

Roxie

I know that it is a good turf grass for sports, and is very good in horse paddocks.  It is hardy and stays low.  Mixing it with clover is a good idea!  You'll have a grass surface that can handle "traffic" well.   :)
Say when

hatman-nz

clover can get a bit  slippery  if lush   the  more matted rooting  type grasses.  will handle traffic better   not the best for grazing stock  but  it dose hold on  better. on roads   tracks etc

Thank You Sponsors!