iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

cheap logs

Started by jmouton, September 23, 2013, 07:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmouton

so  I found  an ad on craigslist  for  70-80  logs  for 750  and it peeked  my interest ,  so I called the guy  he said they varied in length and width  ,,  so me and my buddie went to see them  45 minutes  away ,  we looked  and looked again  and called the guy again and asked him the price again  he said  750  $  so we  jumped on the deal ,    we got  about  40    16-22"    17 ft or longer  , and about  40    16-22"    mixed lenghs  most of them  are at least  13 ft or better  and  we got about  3  big trailer loads  of  big limb wood  for fire wood  and the best part  is, that it is  all  red oak and white oak  ,  alot of the logs are perfectly straight and  clear , no branches ,    we just stumbled  upon the deal , it was awesome ,  still  have to haul the  limb wood out  on wed , now I just have to clear  some more land  to stack and store the logs  ,cut more trees down and fill the low land ,etc   ,    I am running out of room , I  know its not free but it is pretty cheap ,,  craiglist  is the best,

sorry no pics  havent figured out how to post them yet

jim

lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

ET

Good score!  Get it when the gettins good!  Get those ends sealed too.
Ernie
Lucas 1030, Slabber attachment, Husky 550XP, Ford 555B hoe, Blaze King Ultra, Vermeer chipper, 70 acres with 40 acres Woods.

beenthere

Quotesorry no pics  havent figured out how to post them yet

If the pics are on your computer and in .jpg format, then it is pretty straight forward to get them posted here.
Go to "Home", and then down to "Behind The Forum", and then click on the first thread.
It will show you how to set up your own gallery (in your profile) and each step (most will be intuitive).

After the gallery is set up, then just clicking below this message window on "Click here to add Photos to post" will bring you to uploading pics or going to your gallery to get them. Once the pic is clicked on and enlarged, scroll down (the only tricky part) a ways to see two ways to get them in your post.
Use the Preview button to determine that you are successful posting what you want, before clicking on "Post"
Look forward to seeing pics of your great find. Sounds like a winner.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WDH

Is there gonna be a "Project"  ???  :D :D.  Us Southern boys will bring the grits. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Jim, Craig's List may the the best.....in this situation, but don't put all your eggs in one basket.  :)

Great deal on the logs!  smiley_thumbsup
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

drobertson

Just another deal!  not a bad one at all!   if you figure in grits,, well then all said and done,  and as said, one basket is a recipe for disaster,  saw them and move on,,    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

thecfarm

jmouton,tell them Southern Boys to leave the wall paper paste,chicken feed,so called food item,oh DanG,it's just as easy to say leave the grits in the South and bring your gloves for a working day.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

customsawyer

Nice score. Soon you will be needing a hyd. mill.  ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Tim Lea

Nice score. hope to see some pic's

jmouton

you guys are  funny,,,  i dont rely on craigslist  for logs ,  i have other sources,  and there is no  project  in the future  for u suthern  boys  so save the grits for next  time,   i am storing the logs until i have customers  for  deck boards for trailers  and possible  lumber or what ever anybody  wants,   I just finished up  hauling all  the limb wood and smaller logs  today  2 trips  and on the last one   michigan  dot cop  was looking for something to do so he pulled me over  3 miles from  our mill  ,   didnt care about my huge load of logs on my 10 ton trailer  but was concerned about my safety  so he gave me a seatbelt  ticket ,  thats nice of him

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

WmFritz

Quote from: jmouton on September 23, 2013, 07:14:27 PM
         now I just have to clear  some more land  to stack and store the logs  ,cut more trees down and fill the low land ,etc   ,    I am running out of room                                                       

Jim, I've got plenty of spare room... feel free to drop as many logs as you need to at my place.

No charge!   :D :D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

customsawyer

I sure you told him "that's nice". ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

jmouton

jmouton

hey   wmfritz   i am not moving  any more logs  for a while  , we did about 14 trips  and about  15 thousand bd ft  , 2 hrs round trip not including  loading and unloading ,,  i am tired of driving my tandem  dump around ann arbor  so i'll  make more room ,,  by the way where is  st  charles  mich

jim

Thank You Sponsors!