iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

You know you live in the country when.......

Started by Onthesauk, October 26, 2006, 04:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onthesauk

Just came back from tromping around the garden and the woods at the bottom of the hill.  Sat down on the bench to take my boots off and discovered I had bear crap stuck in the tread of both feet.  Probably buried in the leaves down there somewhere.
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

crtreedude

So, how did I end up here anyway?

beenthere

How do you know it is bear?  Did it have tinker bells in it and smell like pepper spray? 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Bill

Quote from: beenthere on October 26, 2006, 04:59:15 PM
  Did it have tinker bells in it and smell like pepper spray? 

Teach them for goin where they shouldn't oughta   ::)

Patty

and discovered I had bear crap stuck in the tread of both feet.....

but decided to keep them on and go to town anyway!  :D
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

metalspinner

We almost run over a bear the other night.  It acted just like a squirel.  Just as it finished crossing the road, it made a 180 and ran back across.  It scared the bejezzus' out of us. :o
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Onthesauk

John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Mooseherder

asy

Quote from: Jeff B on October 26, 2006, 10:06:47 PM
You all are messin with me aintcha.

Usually.  :o

Wouldn't be as much fun if we weren't :D :D :D

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Bill

Mooseherder

See your bears are clever enough to stay off the toll roads  . . .

;D

Paul_H

This morning just after 4 I got up and turned the coffee on and noticed the dome light was on in Carla's van.I figured she must have grabbed something out of it last night and left the light on.It was pouring rain all night and I put on my jacket to go out and shut the dome light off but when I opened the drivers door I saw the sliding door on the other side was wide open.
Went over to the other side and saw a 10# sack of flour ripped open on the ground by the door and saw the inside had been somewhat ransacked by a Bear.Had to deal with the Flour right away before it got too wet and then set the charger on the battery so she could start it later.

Found out at supper tonight that our 6 year old didn't get the door closed all the way and forgot to tell Mum about it.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

sawguy21

Them west coast bears don't miss a trick do they?  ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Paul_H

Yeah,and I wondered if they were using the van as a blind to catch me as I stumbled in the dark to my truck.

"okay sshhh here he comes.He sees the flour,he's poking his head in the door,wait for it,wait for it"    :D
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Thank You Sponsors!