iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help, I can not find parts

Started by Blue Sky, March 18, 2011, 02:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Sky

My old Franklin Fowarder, 1972 has a Husky Brute loader with the swing motor that has blown gaskets.  My very competent mechanic can not locate anyone to get the necessary gaskets to fix it.  You see there is a problem.  There is absolutely no I.D.,s anywhere on the loader, motor, any where.  In fact, we have searched the whole machine and have found NO id's anywhere.  Almost feels like it was stolen years ago and had any identity removed.   Does anyone out there have any idea where I might get some assistence  figuring out where to get parts.  My mechanic found a place in Alabama that wants $1,700.00 to fix it

H60 Hawk Pilot

My Oh My.. What-a-Delemia

Your 1972 Franking Forwarder is not the only one built and still in existance.. I would think.

What has happened in web searches under different headings i.e.  1972 Frankling Forwarder, Overhaul Husky Brute Loader, try different combinations and something may come up.  You'll be surprised with what pops up (perhaps).

If the AL outfit will fix it for $ 1,700.00, ask them the charge to ID your loader engine and/ or sell you a gasket kit. Have them send you a parts list for $ 25 to $50 bucks or whatever they quote you.

I'd take some picture's and post them here. You have good chance that someone can ID the engine for you.

I have made a lot of gaskets for older engines. However, your talking about head gaskets, exhaust gaskets and that's a No Go for those type of gaskets.

Avery     
Case 1150B & IHC TD-340 Dozer's, IHC 4WD 3800 & CAT 436B Hoe's, Franklin 170, Semi's: (1) Freightliner, (2) KW's, Marmon, Mack w/ Prentice Ldr., F-700 Crane Trk., (6) Mid Size Trk's. - Dumps, Flats, 1 Ton w/ 40 ft. 5th Whl. & (4) Semi Tlr's., LM 2000 Mill, (2) XL 12's., Solo 681, EFCO 152, Old Iron.

mad murdock

Take a pic of the hyd. motor and post it on here.  someone will be able to ID the thing, I'd be willing to wager.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

H60 Hawk Pilot

I re-read your post and saw it was the hdy. swing motor that's you need repaired, not a gas eng and hdy. deal.

Finding this (repair kit) makes it easier. Take the pic's and post them. Try to wash the area off so FF folks can see it better.

Don't be surprised that it may be hard to find parts. You might go full circle & back to the AL Co. that offered to rebuild it for
$ 1,700.00 and ask them about buying parts (only).

Avery
Case 1150B & IHC TD-340 Dozer's, IHC 4WD 3800 & CAT 436B Hoe's, Franklin 170, Semi's: (1) Freightliner, (2) KW's, Marmon, Mack w/ Prentice Ldr., F-700 Crane Trk., (6) Mid Size Trk's. - Dumps, Flats, 1 Ton w/ 40 ft. 5th Whl. & (4) Semi Tlr's., LM 2000 Mill, (2) XL 12's., Solo 681, EFCO 152, Old Iron.

mad murdock

Chances are that unless it is a purpose built motor, you should be able to adapt a current production off the shelf part for it, for way less$$ too.  A picture is worth a thousand words ;)
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

bushmechanic

mad murdock is right if you know the cc's of the motor ,the spline size and the bolt pattern then you should be able to pick up a new motor cheaper than it is to repair that one.Check with a reputable hydraulics shop in your area.

Taylortractornut

Try Flint Hydraulics in Memphis TN.  1 800 238 0375.    I worked for a local hydraulics shop that didnt  do much but resell  Their  products and we sent alot of things through them.         I had a friend with a skidder that had a special transmission charge pump the dealer didnt carry any new ones,   but could orderthem for 2500,   The local shop told the customer they could get one for 1750 bucks.    Which their actual cost was  550 for the off the shelf unit.     Thecompany I worked for   could sent a driver out for  4 hours round trip  and still make a 1000 off the unit.           I ordered my friend one and  sold it to him for cost.    They sell packings rebuild kits and  also  newstock and remans. 

I have ordered several items from them and   also  sent a few things to be rebuilt  like the 4 cubic inch  OilGear  hydraulic pumps  on our JD scrapers at work. 
My overload permit starts after sunset

Thank You Sponsors!