iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberjack 450A

Started by jd540b, March 22, 2011, 06:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jd540b

Hello, I'm considering buying a TJ 450A grapple.....anyone have any input/opinions on this machine?  It has the 4-53 in it.  Thanks.

bushmechanic

Good engine and strong rears if it has the WR series diff's from Eaton.

semologger

I ran mine for around 8 years never had much problems with it they are pretty good machines.

Ken

I have an older (1980) 450 that works well but it has been a bit of a money pit.  The automatic transmission  works greato  and is very fast and easy to use but extremely expensive to work on.  The Eaton drive train is tough but again expensive to repair.  Also I believe the Cummins motor is a better fit than the 453.  Quieter and easier on fuel.

Good luck
Lots of toys for working in the bush

ga jones

the cummins may be quieter but not better on fuel................
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

jd540b

Thanks for the input.  Looked at it today-bit of a beast well cared for though w/ new motor.  It needs a planetary replaced and a few small odd and ends.  Need to decide if trading my 540B for it makes sense.  I have a small buncher and a grapple is a next logical step.  With the cost of fuel now, consumption it is definately a concern my 540 is hard pressed to go through 5 gal unless its in deep snow or the such.   

Thank You Sponsors!