Previous topic - Next topic

steve phillips

howdy all
hope everyones doing good
how would you dry siding , dry the cant or the board
if its not broke dont fix it !!!!

Mark Wentzell

RMay

I would nail it up green dry it on the wall .
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

bugdust

Quote from: RMay on July 25, 2012, 08:52:43 PM
I would nail it up green dry it on the wall .

Ditto. I sawed white pine ¾"X7" and lapped 1", left to dry 1½ years and stained this summer. Looks great.
Since I retired I really like work: It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

WH_Conley

I will have to side with the "nail it up green" side. Have done it green and dry, green works better.

As mentioned 1" lap, nail 1 1/2" from the edge, it can move as it dries.
Bill

steve phillips

to be honest when i built bandjos i used to stand them up vert. now this is what im thinking of doing the inside of shop with . all opions are welcomed    steve

tyb525

Inside of shop, I would dry it first, then put up. But that's just me.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

WDH

You need air flow, and you will not get that inside the shop.  I am with Ty.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

steve phillips

hey all
thanks for the input . got figured out   thanks

Planman1954

I would dry it first. You can also prepaint the siding on some saw horses BEFORE you put it on. Then, if the siding shrinks, the new exposed areas will still be painted. Been there, done that...
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 / Solar Dry Kiln /1943 Ford 9n tractor

Thank You Sponsors!