iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Huqvarna 122HD60 Trimmer ??'s..

Started by realzed, August 12, 2018, 10:29:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

realzed

I have a Husky 122HD60 hedge trimmer that has been giving me trouble lately again. I got one of their fancy mixture screw thingamadrivers to adjust the jets in the past because it needed to be perked up some - and managed to get it running pretty well for most of the Summer, but lately it has started to bog whenever I try to rev it off idle and if I play with the throttle I can usually get past that and rev up but every time I let it drop back it starts to bog again.. quite the PITA to say the least!
Can someone pass along (if they know) what or where the initial settings should be for the carb High and especially the Low speed jets should be set at so I can work from there.  I assume its probably close to 3/4 of a turn out for the L and 1 turn for the H but I'd like to start from a recommended setting and go from there if possible rather than hunt around too much.
At this point I don't actually know where the L setting resides but I'm assuming (you know how that works) it is the one needing to be tweek'd and leaned somewhat to transition into the H better - but rather than fight with it I'd prefer as I said to start from a recommended spot and play from there.
It idles well and the high speed must be close because once past the bad bog and up and spinning it seems to work reasonably well - so my idea is the L needs to be played with some.
I don't see any form of spark arrestor screen in it - but that would have been the first spot to look at for issues considering the nature of the problem..
Thanks for any info or ideas!
Randy

dougand3

Never seen a starting point spec but my general rule is 1.5 out L and 1.0 out H. If you don't know where it is, LIGHTLY bottom screw in CW, then back out CCW. 
Also, carb could be slightly dirty/varnished in passages. I rarely clean/kit these carbs because they are ~$12 online. A kit may cost that much.
Husky: 372xt, 272xp, 61, 55 (x3)...Poulan: 315, 4218 (x3), 2375, 2150, 2055, 2000 (x3)...Stihl 011AVT...Homelite XL...Saws come in broken, get fixed or parted, find new homes

Thank You Sponsors!