iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Made my first cut with the 372xp and 32" bar!

Started by mmartone, November 16, 2013, 05:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmartone

I cut a piece of sweetgun today that we had sawn out of the base of a large tree ~40" to make 2 nice cookies for table tops. I have the pieces for the muffler mod/port but have not done it yet so this is stock with a new 32" bar and skip chisel chain. It ran well, granted its not oak or pecan but it cut pretty ez with a fair bit of pressure on it, alot faster than when I cut it with my 041 when the tree was green.
Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

FWPT

I thought about doing the cookie table-top but figured it would split during the drying process. hope it goes well for u. 

Was the oiler able to keep up??
Husky 42 special ported(screamer)
husky 372xp xt muff modded

mmartone

Its full of cracks but thats ok as long as it holds together. We just started work on a few tables one is out of 2 cookies of spalted unknown wood, its going to have a nice sweetgun diamond to hold the cookies together. Ran a few pieces through the planer, sweetgun sure is pretty!
It ran ok but I need to turn the oiler up all the way for this long bar.
Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

Thank You Sponsors!