iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I found a rabbit hiding in a log the other day.

Started by Dave Shepard, March 15, 2016, 03:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

WV Sawmiller

Dave,

I bit. You got me. Nice figure. Wasn't there a pair of them (Bookmarking)? Take good care of it and find a real nice way to use and display him/them.

As teenager my dogs once chased a swamp rabbit into a hollow gum tree during a high water spell. My maternal grandfather had taught me how to twist a squirrel out of a hollow using a greenbrier or switch and I twisted out lots of squirrels, and occasional coon or possum. I also got the rabbit. Last squirrel was a year ago while training my rat terrier Sampson. Its a dying art.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

mad murdock

Nice "Easter egg" find!!  That is pretty neat.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Did you find several of them? Thanks for sharing Dave.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Bruno of NH

Nice  :)
Maybe some day you will find a goat  :D :D
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Dave Shepard

It's in the stack with the rest of the boards. Not my log.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Kbeitz

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on March 15, 2016, 03:27:45 PM
Dave,

I bit. You got me. Nice figure. Wasn't there a pair of them (Bookmarking)? Take good care of it and find a real nice way to use and display him/them.

As teenager my dogs once chased a swamp rabbit into a hollow gum tree during a high water spell. My maternal grandfather had taught me how to twist a squirrel out of a hollow using a greenbrier or switch and I twisted out lots of squirrels, and occasional coon or possum. I also got the rabbit. Last squirrel was a year ago while training my rat terrier Sampson. Its a dying art.

Tell us more about this twisting...
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

terrifictimbersllc

Just in time for Easter!  Now all you need are some peeps.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

21incher

Boy are you lucky. he only thing I ever find are nails. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

samandothers

WV
I have seen my dad fuzz up the end go a stick and use it to pull a squirrel out of a tree.  Thanks for the memory!

Kbeitz

I bet thats one wild kicking ball of hair when you pull in out.
Could get nasty.

Kinda like useing  barbed wire to pull a bear out of his den.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Magicman

Nice find Dave.  Which way do you turn it to see a Goat??
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dave Shepard

Why am I not surprised the goat sees it looking sideways? They've always got their heads tilted to the side with that quizzical expression on their faces.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

YellowHammer

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: Kbeitz on March 15, 2016, 04:52:58 PM
Quote from: WV Sawmiller on March 15, 2016, 03:27:45 PM
Dave,

Tell us more about this twisting...

Quote from: samandothers on March 15, 2016, 06:50:53 PM
WV
I have seen my dad fuzz up the end go a stick and use it to pull a squirrel out of a tree.  Thanks for the memory!

See outdoor thread for answer and more on this.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!