iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It has started

Started by petefrom bearswamp, October 29, 2015, 04:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petefrom bearswamp

Started down my woods path behind my house in my Kubota RTV  to check 2 trail cams when a doe jumped up and ran off with a fair 8 pt right behind her.
First decent buck Ive seen on my place this yr.
Made a big loop around the woods for about 1/2 hr and when I got to the other side of my house there they were again, the buck ran out of site but the doe stayed.
10 seconds later back he comes!
could have shot him easily however gun season doesnt start here until 11/21
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

coxy

iv seen a few nice ones but not with any does   you don't S F S up there  :D :D :D :D :D

WV Sawmiller

Pete,

Out auto deer kill increases greatly during the rut with the bucks chasing the does into traffic or running in front of us at all times of the day and night around here.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

rooster 58

Last year I had a deer run into the side of my truck while driving 55 mph or so.
    I was shocked to see the deer get up and run back where it came from in the side mirror.
    I also wasn't happy about the damage to my truck :snowball:

Magicman

The rut accounts for many here also.  Both deer and vehicles.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ScottInCabot

Not sure, but it seems too early here for them to be going at it....

Was trimming some overhanging limbs by Two Rivers Park....always deer there, they know they are safe.  While trimming, 25 does and yearlings were in the field...observed a small basket racked 8pt stick his nose on the ground and walk straight towards the group.  When he got close enough, the does scattered like water dripping on an ant hill in all directions!

Typically rut here doesn't start until the week of Thanksgiving.....guess it could change some?

Scott in Cabot
Timber framing RULES!

Magicman

It may be too early but the young bucks don't know it and go crazy.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

rooster 58

Halloween  is the kickoff for the heat of the ruthless here. Lasts until about the 10th of November

Magicman

Ours go crazy the week before Christmas and the breeding frenzy is the following week.

Thank You Sponsors!