iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Riblets for Weekend Sawyer

Started by caveman, May 20, 2019, 12:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caveman

On the tree of the day post, WeekendSawyer asked about riblets.  The few times a year that we grill a lot of slabs, we will bag up the trimmings to either stew in a crock pot or put on the grill at a later date.  Last September, we smoked 330 slabs of ribs one morning so we had quite a bit of trimmings (brisket bones and flank meat).  

When cooking these on the grill/smoker I will usually cook them at about 250° for an hour or a little more, season and them wrap them in foil or put them in a pan for another hour or so.  I'll either season them with brown sugar,honey, cayenne pepper and bbq sauce or a little Italian dressing prior to wrapping them.  After taking them off of the grill, I let them stand for a few minutes and then slice the flank meat into rib shaped morsels.  I just had some leftovers for lunch.

A few pics of some representative photos.  I did not have time to take any pictures on Friday.  Also, in my gallery in the "Grills" folder are a few grills we built and some more food pics.

Caveman

tule peak timber

Looks terrific! Glad to see you pulling the peritoneum.
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Raider Bill

Quote from: tule peak timber on May 20, 2019, 01:11:50 PM
Looks terrific! Glad to see you pulling the peritoneum.
Yep me too. So many people have no idea how much difference this makes.
I have a pair of "bullhead" pliers I use. Makes fast work of the job.
Amazon.com : Maybrun 03101 Catfish Skinner, Nickel Finish : General Sporting Equipment : Sports & Outdoors
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

tule peak timber

Raider....ditto on the pliers 8)
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Thank You Sponsors!