iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Smoker

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, January 01, 2012, 07:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

My wife and I got a smoker for our Christmas present to each other. We bought the MASTER BUILT from LOWE'S.

I took 2 whole chickens and brined them for a couple of hours. Then rubbed them down really good with an apple rub.

Put them on the smoker racks for 2 1/2 hours using apple juice in the water pan. I used apple wood chips for the smokey flavor.

Now I gotta tell ya.....that has got to be the BEST smoked chicken I have ever eaten!

It was great by itself, but the wife makes her homemade sweet BBQ sauce and added it on the bird.

Talk about your tongue slapping the roof of your mouth..... digin_2
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

rbhunter

You will the masterbuilt smoker. They do a terrific job. If it is really cold out and you can't get it to work take the control off the top inside and warm it up for a while before putting it back on.

One thing to try is take a couple of pounds of cheese and place it in an aluminum pan and leave on the top shelf for a couple of hours or a little more and pull it out and let it cool. Smoked cheese is one of the favorites in our family.

If you have some smoked chicken left over break it up over some nacho chips with a little bit of spicey barbeque sauce and some nacho cheese. This does not sound good but the kids finally talked me into trying it and it is pretty good.

Randy
"Said the robin to the sparrow, I wonder why it must be, these anxious human beings rush around and worry so?"
"Said the sparrow to the robin, Friend I think it must be, they have no heavenly father, such as cares for you and me."
author unknown. Used to hang above parents fireplace.

isawlogs

I just finished eating , now I am almost tempted to start over cause of you  :D :D :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Left Coast Chris

I bought a good friend the Little Chief for Christmas in return for him helping several days getting our timber canopy up.    He is trying jerky first and is bringing some in to work tomorrow (can't wait).  :) :)  One other guy at work smokes jerky also. 
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Thank You Sponsors!