iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Question on water wells and pumps ...

Started by LOGDOG, September 08, 2006, 01:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LOGDOG

JP -

How much water are you wanting to pump? I'll prompt Speedbump on his Forum to chime in over here and address your question. I'm sure he'd be able to hook you up with what you need.

LOGDOG

speedbump

Hey guys, I finally remembered my password so I could post.

The reason for larger casing in most cases is the depth the well might go, in case telescoping may be needed. 

As for getting water from one side of the road to the other.  As long as you install a pipe in the bored hole and the lift won't be more than 25 feet you can use a centrifugal pump.  They move the most water for the horsepower.  When pressure isn't a concern, a low head or medium head pump would be the best choice.  How many gallons are you wanting to move in gallons per minute?

bob...

jpgreen

Hi Bob,

It's about 75' straight up the bank (and man I mean straight up..  :o) from the creek bed to the road, then another 75' or so to the house. I was thinking of an optional supply for water to the house for every day use.  Maybe pump to a tank, then use a Sureflow on demand pump to the house.  :)
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

speedbump

In that case, I recommend pushing it up with a submersible if you can get power down to it.  You wouldn't like the performance from a deep well jet pump at that depth.  It sounds like your talking a depth of 150 straight up and that would be a lot to ask of a two pipe jet.

bob...

LOGDOG

Hey Bob,

Wells rockin' along over here. It's crazy how much water we're getting out of that thing. In just days I have a noticeable gain in the pond whereas with the old 25 gpm pump it was much slower. Forgot to get a bucket in town today to measure the flow. Too much on my mind I guess. But I did order 2000 bluegills and 200 florida strain bass to be delivered this thursday. If you're ever in the area bring your pole. :) I'll get those numbers to you soon as I get that bucket. Got some great info today from the LSU AG extension on clearing a murky pond up. Tomorrow picking up some gypsum, lime, and hay bales. Should do the trick from everything I've read.

LOGDOG

jpgreen

Quote from: speedbump on July 16, 2007, 03:16:17 PM
In that case, I recommend pushing it up with a submersible if you can get power down to it.  You wouldn't like the performance from a deep well jet pump at that depth.  It sounds like your talking a depth of 150 straight up and that would be a lot to ask of a two pipe jet.

bob...

It's 75' up verticle and probably closer to 50' horizontal to the house.

speedbump

Glad to hear it's doing such a good job.  I'm not sure what your up to with the pond clearing, but keep me informed.  I'm curious.

QuoteIt's 75' up verticle and probably closer to 50' horizontal to the house.

In that case, a deep well jet would work, but your looking at 10 gpm maximum with a two pipe jet and a deep well jet pump.  I don't know if that would work for you or not, but a sub could do a lot more with less horsepower.

bob...

jpgreen

Thanks SB... Even 5 gallons a minute would be fine.

What's the least expensive way to go in costs for componets, and bout how much do they run?

speedbump

A one horse horizontal jet pump would run $318.36 and the two pipe jet would be $39.48.  You would have to supply the pipe.  Poly would be the easiest to use.  You can see the pump here, it's the SFH100.  Jet Pumps

bob...

jpgreen

That's good news Bob..  8)

Is there somewheres on the net that shows how these pumps are rigged up for my needs?

speedbump

Heres one from my FAQ page.  Just pretend your under road pipe is the well and remember the two pipe jet has to be in the water.  It will also need a footvalve attached to the bottom.

Two Pipe Jet System

LOGDOG,  how do you subscribe to these posts.  I'm either blind or it isn't there.  I would like to get email notifications.

bob...

LOGDOG

Hey Bob,

If you click on Profile (which is in the upper middle of my page when I'm signed in) - that will take you to your profile. then if you look in the upper left you'll notice two blue boxes. It says "preferences", "notifications", etc. - Click on the notifications  and then check the boxes inside. That should work. holler if it doesn't and we can ask the admin staff.  :)

LOGDOG

Thank You Sponsors!