iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Putting together a cheap log loader trailer

Started by bigblue12v, April 10, 2016, 10:25:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigblue12v

Red,
Yea should be roughly 20'. I haven't gotten it mounted to the trailer yet, and thus far haven't gotten any thing for outriggers. In my searches and researches I have come across your rig and it's a very nice setup and inspiration for me as fairly similar to mine. 04 Dodge 3500 dually here as well (flatbed)
Lots of junk not enough time.. full time mechanic part time logger, firewood junkie, outside boiler owner, meat smoker enthusiast, fabricator, dad, husband

redprospector

I'll have a flat bed on my Dodge before long since the factory bed isn't holding up to me very well.  :o
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

bigblue12v

Quote from: redprospector on June 25, 2016, 02:07:32 AM
I'll have a flat bed on my Dodge before long since the factory bed isn't holding up to me very well.  :o
This is my second flatbed truck, the first time I loved it, this time I've made up my mind nothing else will do for me. Mine came with 8' wide x9' long bed with headache rack underbody boxes and gooseneck ball under a trap door. Very little I'd change about it. Steel, only way to go for me. Were it aluminum I'd have junked it by now I think. I rattle can paint it every year or so. My truck was a factory pickup like yours so stock wheelbase. Never been an issue with 9' bed and weight distribution. It clears my gooseneck trailer tongue but I can't turn super sharp with my pull behind enclosed trailer with v nose front. Just a few things to consider when bed shopping, measure carefully make sure  all of your trailers will clear the bed. Just because the bed was made for the truck doesn't mean it was made for you lol no more often than I pull my enclosed I don't feel like it's a big deal but if I was to replace the bed I might consider a shorter one.
Lots of junk not enough time.. full time mechanic part time logger, firewood junkie, outside boiler owner, meat smoker enthusiast, fabricator, dad, husband

Thank You Sponsors!