iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Today is the Autumnal Equinox, known in layman's terms as the first day of fall.

Started by Chris Burchfield, September 22, 2010, 07:59:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Burchfield

Starts about 11:a.m.  I think I enjoy this season the most because my house air conditioner went on the blink last night.  It was 80°F when I laid down in the bed last night windows open and box fans in three of them.  The fan outside was not working. The inside blower was.  I don't know how to check the motor start capacitors.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Cedarman

I don't like fall because it means winter is coming and I hate winter.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

trapper

stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

ScottAR

Easy thing to check is take a longish screwdriver or a stick; something that fits through the grill and spin the fan by hand a little.
Sometimes they'll take off and you need a hard start kit.  Basicly a piggyback capacitor. 
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Radar67

Chris, I had a similar incident with mine. It ended up being the soft start PC board gone bad. It happened late one evening and I found a solution until the AC guy could come. I removed the control panel cover and found where the three wires connect to a block. The center wire had a spring loaded thing that contacted when pushed in, and the fan would start. I jabbed a screwdriver in it to hold it in place and it ran the whole night. The AC guy was impressed.  ;)

I am by no means recommending you do this, if you do, it is at your own risk.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Chris Burchfield

I pulled the disconnect at the compressor.  Set the thermostat for air conditioning then set the temp to 65.  Went outside, plugged it back in and gave the fan a spin.  It started up.  Pulled the power cover.  Found the starter capacitor puffed out on both ends.  The side with the wire attachments was bulging and discolored from heat.  Replaced capacitor, we'll sleep cool tonight.   :)
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

isawlogs

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Mooseherder

Brucer

1 deg C (34 F) last night and up to 12 C (54F) during the day. That's why Canada has Thanksgiving in early October ;D.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

ScottAR

Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Chuck White

We've had a couple of frost's here, with temps at 30° & 32°.

I like fall because that's when hunting season starts, 8) but that's also when sawing season (for us) ends. :(
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!