iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Flying into Garden Valley, Idaho

Started by pappy19, February 19, 2013, 08:30:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy19

I ran across this video and thought I'd share. I do not know who the pilot is but he is flying in from Boise to Garden Valley, Idaho, about 50 miles north of Boise. He does a touch-and-go at Garden Valley International which is parallel to the South Fork Payette River and next to the Forest Service Ranger Station. My cabin is out 6 miles from there up the Middle Fork Payette River.

Pap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GjnsvF-O5Y
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

POSTON WIDEHEAD

WOW....Nice ride Pap, can I ride it again?  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

rooster 58

Thanks Pappy, I always enjoy stuff from the west. I hunted the Selway many years ago. Are you near there?

pappy19

Selway is further north. Anything north of the Salmon River is considered "North Idaho", I am located in SW Idaho, 50 miles north of Boise. Wolves have decimated the elk herds in the Selway, no closed season on wolves in most of north Idaho.

Pap
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

rooster 58

That's what I hear about the wolves. Some folks don't believe it, even my girl friend. They don't believe so few wolves can do so much damage

Riggs

That's some pretty country, but there is a reason why my feet stay planted on the ground.
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Axe Handle Hound

I like it here in the Midwest, but I always look forward to trips to the West.  I've done some work in northern Idaho and would love to get back there again. 

pappy19

Quote from: Raider Bill on February 19, 2013, 01:51:46 PM
Beautiful!

Why the touch and go?

Just a guess, but when some of the rookie pilots are being checked out on different grass airports, they just do a touch-and-go, then on to the next airport. Sulphur Creek, Johnson Creek, Flying B, and many more. Some are quite interesting to fly into, believe me. During the summer, there is a fly-in breakfast at a different back county lodge every Sunday morning. Quite an event. Most folks don't realize that central Idaho is the largest wilderness area in the continental US. Fly in or pack in, the only way in.

Pap
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

Thank You Sponsors!