iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Case 650 H

Started by OH logger, May 22, 2018, 09:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OH logger

im considering buying a 2001 case 650 H dozer with winch and small log arch. in full disclosure I haven't even seen this machine yet but a friend of mine might be considering selling it. its in pretty good shape I think. it is a long track but only 16"pads. I looked at Ritchie specs and the psi is 6.1.  that is the same as if I had 28l's on my 548 G111. I really want more flotation because basically the ONLY time i'll use it is when the woods are WET in the spring. my question is if its possible to put wider pads on this machine? I haven't gone to look at it yet and I might not if I cant widen the pads.  also any thoughts on the model of the machine or experience would help. thanks
john

Skeans1

Have you considered a cat that's made for the job like a track skidder? Out here a lot of us in PNW run them year round, they float really well plus they're normally grapple machines.

OH logger

I know those are great machines but way too spendy to leave it sit 10 months a year.  If I put 100 hours a year on it a  year that would be about it
john

Thank You Sponsors!