iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Photographs - Northern Lights Star Trails Scotland

Started by highlandeye, July 11, 2010, 05:09:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

highlandeye

Hi there

Check out my photo gallery to see a few examples of images taken from Dunnet Head Scotland

Regards

Keith

Roxie

Say when

Patty

Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Ianab

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

highlandeye

Hi, I am delighted that you all seem to like the photographs , I do have others that I will post soon , several of my Northern lights photos were hand held , for several seconds - something you would not normaly do , but it was something I wanted to try , They turned out very well , giving muted coulors and difused detail , hope you like them . Thanks for the positive comments .  Keith.

Ianab

Find a fence post to sit the camera on. If you can hold it steady for a few secs you can get some cool shots.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Magicman

I had already looked at them in your Gallery.  I agree, they are worth sharing with the world.  Very pretty.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

highlandeye

Hi, these photographs were taken by me from Dunnet Head - Scotland , using a solid typod mount and long exposures - typicaly 18 seconds , , some less,  but never under 11 seconds , some images I intentonaly hand held at only a few seconds to mute the colours and give a dream like quality to the pics. because the inevertable camra shake can be used to advantage , I will post the results of this tecnique for your perusal shortly , hope you all like the results.In the mean time , thanks to all for the comments recived .  Keith

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!