iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodcutter_Mo

It barely got to 32°F today, had to scrape ice off the windshield when I left work. 29° right now and still drizzling and adding a little ice to what we got overnight and today. The roads are still ok but everything above the ground had a decent layer of ice. It's supposed to get into the 40's tomorrow so hopefully it will melt off. 
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

Chuck White

Way to warm for this time of year!  :snowball:
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

walkerfarms

Well the weather here in Texas is crazy here these days.  It was 77 and cloudy on Monday, 72 and .60 rain Tuesday with clouds all day long.   Late day cold front dropped the temps about 30 degrees in 2 hours.  By midnite it was down to 33 and overnite had thunderstorms and heavy rain, then sleet and freezing rain.   Everything is covered in ice now and its 28.  Only in Texas can you use your a/c and heat in the same day.   Rain was much needed as have not seen much since October.   More rain in forcast for next few days and temps slowly warming to the 40s then to 60s by the weekend.     

chevytaHOE5674

Barely made it into the double digits today, and dropping to around zero or below tonight... supposed to start warming into the 20s after tonight though.

Walkerfarms, AC and heat in the same day happens up here somewhat often. In the late spring/early summer and early fall it's common to be in the 20s and 30s at night and then in the 70s and even 80s during the day. Its crazy.

SwampDonkey

We had mid 40's yesterday, but has been mild here since Monday with rain off and on and fog. The main road here is still ice, that is how poor a job snow plowing has been. The truck went up and down the road yesterday and didn't even sand. The old sand has warn a bear spot in the middle of the road. They don't broadcast, they direct it to the middle of the road. I have no idea whose order that was, to sand that way, but they haven't a clue for sure. :D  15F this morning, so she has tightened up again. Continuing to be mild in the high 20's to 40's for a week.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

51cub

Got up to about 70 here yesterday. It's raining now. I guess it's supposed to be like that all day with some sleet mixed in a couple times later in the day
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

Chuck White

We had water going over the roads in a few places in our area yesterday!

EDIT: 4:30PM - - Still 1½' going over the road ¾ mile from my house!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

30°,only a high of 34° today. Down into the low teens tonight than above freezing high noon.
The snow has melted back away from the trees. Just making room for more.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

curdog

65 this morning , heading to 75. The daffodils are in full bloom in our back yard... spring is sneaking in quick. 

chevytaHOE5674

-10° here this morning. No melting or water over our roads. Haha

Woodcutter_Mo

It stayed about 30 last night and got a bit more freezing rain. The roads are still good luckily and the power only went out for about 10 minutes. There's about a good 1/4" of ice on everything above the ground.
-WoodMizer LT25
-Fixer-uppers/projects:

Kwill

2 1/2 inches of rain overnight and still pouring. Turning into a swamp around here
Built my own hydraulic splitter
Built my own outdoor wood stove
Built my own log arch
built my own bandsaw sawmill
Built my own atv log arch.
Built my own FEL grapple

thecfarm

Had about an inch of something. We got it all,sleet,freezing rain,snow,rain. In the 40's now,no sun. Sap is running.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

1/2" snow, 30's and melting all day.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

chevytaHOE5674

8 or so inches of snow yesterday morning and daytime temps near 30. Calling for 5-10 inches of snow tonight as well..

goose63

By the time it gets done snowing this time we will have bought a foot of fluffy stuf I hope the wind don't pick up but then this is North Dakota  :snowball:
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Woodcutter_Mo

It stayed in the 50's today. Yesterday and today we have gotten some heavy rain and some flooding. Nothing too serious yet but the dirt roads are pretty washed out. The ponds that we're getting a bit low about a month ago are now full to the brim and running over a bit now. 
-WoodMizer LT25
-Fixer-uppers/projects:

curdog

We bumped 80 today. I was sweating while not working very hard in the yard .. and back to raining tomorrow . It's hard to get any burning done when it's raining about every other day ... but I'm going to try to not complain too much , it could be real dry.

Jim_Rogers

Raining here today.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

SwampDonkey

20F here now and overcast, expecting a small amount of snow this afternoon and tonight.

goose63

Just knew it the wind came up Inow have 5 ft drifts in the drive way
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

thecfarm

Snowing,they said 11am and they ws right on the money. 4-6 inches. All snow here,no rain. ;D
I cut down a crooked cedar for the deer to enjoy.

curdog

65 and cloudy.. we've had a little rain this morning and a few sprinkles this afternoon . Got the windows open in the house to cool it off a little. Supposed to rain tomorrow and I've got to get some tree planting done ... maybe Tuesday 

thecfarm

Just came in from my nightly feeding of the OWB. I did not get the weather report,but that is not snow coming down now. Feels alot like rain. :(  But a very light rain. Must of been doing it for a while,there is a very thin layer of a crust on about 3 inches of snow. Last I heard,the rain was suppose to stay on the coast.

SwampDonkey

26F here this morning. Barely half an inch of snow here. Suppose to reach 40. A sap day. :)

Thank You Sponsors!