iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Midwest trip photos

Started by Jeff, September 29, 2003, 06:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Just got a few up. I'm cheating this time. I am using Tom's website gallery program. Thanks Tom! I got about 150 more to go.

http://www.tomssaw.com/gallery/album03
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

chet

Hey dats cheat'n.   :o    Ya gots to put some captions in ta tell us what we are lookin' at.   ;)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Jeff

I'm working on it. A little at a time. I got some more in with captions. I'll go back and fix the first ones now.

chet

I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

ohsoloco

Cool pics Jeff,  looks like a great trip  8)

Tom

The slideshow option in the upper right-hand corner makes it a lot easier to look at them, especially the first time through. :)

Jeff

Whew, thats enough fer tonight. I added several more. They just keep getting better and better. I am seeing them for the first time as I edit them so I am looking forward to the next batch!

ElectricAl

Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

OneWithWood

Excellent pics Jeff.  8)

Can't wait for the sequel  :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

whitepe

Jeff,
Did you get a picture of the hot dog?   ;D
blue by day, orange by night and green in between

Greg

QuoteJust got a few up. I'm cheating this time. I am using Tom's website gallery program. Thanks Tom! I got about 150 more to go.

http://www.tomssaw.com/gallery/album03

Great pics, Jeff. Keep em coming!

Thanks for the effort. Man that place has got alot of cool old stuff...

Greg

WV_hillbilly

Nice pics Jeff.

Nice truck also. I have a 3/4 ton long bed gmc the same color like that one.
Hillbilly

Fla._Deadheader

Reminded me of Arkansas. I was expectin to see one of them sapling cutting-bucking saws. Them were man killers. It was a Swing saw on wheels.  I knew where there was about 7 of 'em near Arky's place, scattered in the woods.
  The pic of the creek crossing was familiar, also. They are everywhere in Ar. They are fun to cross when the creeks are up, Sometimes yer front end will "drift" nearly to the edge, IF ya get in too big a hurry :o ;D

Nice pics. Sometimes I really miss our 225 acres we had. DON'T miss them DanG TICKS, though ::) ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Jeff

Just added tonights batch. More to come

RMay

Fla-Deadheader you can come on back , I got all the DanG seed ticks in Ark on me yesterday  :D Great pictures Jeff
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

Bro. Noble

RMay,

You didn't get all of them.  Ask that fuzzy-faced Arkansawyer about that :D :D :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

L. Wakefield

Yes, nice to see the geneology of tractors there again. Every time I start giving myself fits about the fact that I have unused, disused and just plain junk type equipment around I take comfort in the fact that I ain't the only one. Thanks, Noble.Yesterday's 'junk' is tomorrow's memorabilia, history, and resource. This is just a museum in process. Not to mention that it works for erosion control in a pinch. I am too close to suburbia here and every time I drive past my neighbors with their manicured lawns and precise flowerbeds, I get to feeling bad about my shaggy place. Around here I am a throwback. But when I'm on the land, I feel at home and alive, I don't know how to do it neat, and I don't know how to make it pay. (I'm lucky if I can figure out how to do it at all.) But I do it. They'll get my milk bucket when they pry it from my cold, dead fingers.   :D :D :D  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Jeff

New batch tonight, we are near the end of the trip now and into our cave exploring day. Tomorrow I will try to get up the pictures of members from the midwest show.

RMay

Arkansawer Noble said to ask if you had seed ticks up your way . ;D
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

Bro. Noble

milking and logging and sawing and milking

RMay

ronwood

Jeff

Nice pictures. It was good to meet you last Saturday at the Midwest Forestry Show  ;)
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Jeff

I have uploaded the rest of the photos to the gallery. THese include the member photos taken at St. Charles.

Use the link in the first post to see!

Sam

Great Pics Jeff! I didn't realize you were such a good photographer!

Thank You Sponsors!