iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

3304 cat

Started by coxy, January 16, 2019, 07:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_belben

He was right IMO.  I did well over a dozen flushes with CLR and hot water to get my 466 unsludged when i got it.  Then i blew the ancient oem headgasket and tore down.  Liners and block register were pitting and it still had plenty of muck in the creases.  I hot tanked it, had the registers and block cut and new liners.  Now theres a coolant filtration system on it too.  Very important if you want an old motor to stay alive long term. Not like theyre casting new ones.

I stopped using SCA coolant after another blow HG turned it into a terrible marshmallow mess inside the entire engine. Its a good idea but almost impossible to get that coating off the places you dont want it to be. Torch wont even remove it. 
Praise The Lord

Bandmill Bandit

I am of the same opinion when it come to coolant Mike. I do a flush and install fresh coolant every 2 years. It is a part of the process that I believe keeps my engines in good operating condition.
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

coxy

ok yesterday went to work started the old girl let it run about 20min jump on it run it to the top of the hill and every thing was good temp never moved from the white/green line like it always did A/F in the AM was full and was still full at the end of the day so I think I got it plowed snow/water all day  temp was 40 this AM AT 7 now the temp is 0  40 degree drop in 13h burrrr going to be a cold one tonight thanks for all the advice 

mike_belben

You should still tear it down to be sure. 

No charge for bad advice.  Youre welcome paul.  ;D
Praise The Lord

coxy

mike can I have the number to your new boss I need a load of something dropped off in ny and you are the only man for the job  :D :D 8)

mike_belben

I'll do it but only if you distract teresa.  It better be overheight, overlength and overweight.  
Praise The Lord

coxy

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

mike_belben

I dont always haul reefer but when i do, coxy is my pilot car. 
Praise The Lord

coxy

bring it on lets go   :D well I finally got to work over the weekend last weekend was nasty so the old girl seems to be doing ok so I think the thermostat was the issue  8) 8)  

Thank You Sponsors!