Started by timbuck2, January 01, 2011, 08:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timbuck2

What's the right tire pressure for a skidder tire?  16.9x30

Ohio_Bill

My  26   is   18-20 lbs
Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

bushmechanic

Yep,20 lbs is good for a skidder tire of that size.

loggit

Guess I should check mine too if I can find the valve stem in all the frozen mud.

Ed_K

I'm running 30# in 18-4 34s when i ran less i had problems with rim slipage and broken valve stems.
Ed K

lumberjack48

They call for 18 to 22#, i had nothing but trouble running them at this pressure.
I went to 30#, it solved my tire problem
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Jamie_C

Most tire companies up this way are telling people to run more air pressure in most forestry tires than they did 10-15 years ago. The increased air pressure solves a lot of bead breaking problems in the wider floatation tires and reduces the chances of the rim actually spinning inside the tires.

A quick check on most tire companies websites can find you a chart listing recommended air pressures for various forestry tire sizes in the different ply ratings and for their uses. Different air pressures are recommended for the exact same tires used on a skidder vs a forwarder vs a large tractor. It all has to do with load weights per tire and average ground speed.

Thank You Sponsors!