iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

So Where is _ _ _ _ _ _?

Started by Jeff, May 18, 2014, 01:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Sometimes we notice that a member we used to see here often has been missing for sometime, so the first inclination is to simply ask on the forum HEY! Where is so and so?   Folks, this is not a good way to do it. The reason being is, there are sometimes very private reasons to why someone is not on the forum. It could be a member issue, or it could be a forum issue, or it could be no issue at all. But if there is an issue, by posting the question publicly, you put us, the missing member or perhaps even yourself in a position that is much better handled within personal messages.  If you miss someone, and are wondering where they may be, ask another member that you know has had some interaction with the missing person, or better yet, ask an admin via the private messages. 

Today we again had such a topic started that resulted in the topic being deleted, and then a member who likes to stir the pot being "administered".  Please, remember, many times there is a lot more going on with things than you might think. We'll be glad to fill your need for knowledge when we can, but sometimes we are all better off just not knowing.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

LeeB

Well now, I wasn't wondering about where so and so was, but now I sure do wonder who it was.  :D :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Dave Shepard

I have wondered about a few that have gone away or stopped participating, but figured if I was supposed to know, I probably would already. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Warbird

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Warbird

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Good post Jeff.....never thought of it like that.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Chuck White

Good post Jeff!

Ya never know, it could be a very personal issue that's been keeping a member away from the Forum!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

customsawyer

I have lost my mind so if any of you admin have seen or heard from it please let me know. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

LeeB

Quote from: customsawyer on May 20, 2014, 04:31:40 AM
I have lost my mind so if any of you admin have seen or heard from it please let me know. ;D

You really have to be careful about how many people you give a piece of it to. Maybe that's why they call it "loosing it" when you give someone a piece of your mind.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

julio

going crazy it a short trip :D
If you put your finger in your ear and scratch, it sounds like PacMan.

m wood

Good insight Jeff. I was recently gone (from forum) for a month or so and doubted anyone missed me :) too much...but it wouldn't have suited to go public with the changes (in my life) happening.  I would have certainly responded in a PM cuz you'all are my buds!!

But I'm back now...much, I'm sure, to everyone's vexation :D
Mark
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

Jeff

I like that word. :)  I love words. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Chris Burchfield

Hey guy's, you too Roxie.  I'm around but have visited infrequently for the last couple of years.  Gdaughter is going into the second grade next fall.  Her baby brother will be 10 months old tomorrow.  I spend time shuttling kids here and there.  Dinlaw as well to or from work.  With this schedule and the mill 25 miles away, doesn't allow me to mill.  Weekends with wife and honeydews keep me the rest of the time.  Yesterday was a kitchen faucet repair day.  I do mean day.  Was going to replace the seats of a Price Pfister for hot and cold water.  Turned out the hot water supply also supplied the dishwasher would not shut off.  Had to kill the whole house water to make the repairs.  Then Lowe's only had the faucet parts.  Had to go to Home Depot for the supply valve.  Ate up most of the day.  I've gone back to building and flying control line kit airplanes.  Where I started when I was at home as a kid with my folks.  Later graduated to R/C, sold all of it and bought blacksmith tools.  My poor LT40 Super deserves better I know but sometimes you just do what you have to do.  Ran across this thread during the visit and thought it would be the best place to say hi, I'm still out there.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Magicman

And it is good to hear from you Chris.  I had wondered if you had fallen off of Tennessee.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

DR_Buck

I use to have a lady that worked for me that missed several work days in a row every couple months.   When I questioned her about it her response was  "I can only take so much of you people at a time and I need a break."      :D

She was a great worker too, so I put up with it.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Burlkraft

I was missing. I'm in Santa Fe now. Got a good job here and no bugs or humidity or crazy women in my life :)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

mad murdock

What(whom) was once lost, is now found! Thanks for the insight Jeff, great food for thought, and congrats Burlkraft on the change of scenery and all :)
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

shelbycharger400

Yep sometimes life gets in the way

luvmexfood

Quote from: Burlkraft on June 22, 2014, 11:38:00 AM
I was missing. I'm in Santa Fe now. Got a good job here and no bugs or humidity or crazy women in my life :)

Crazy women. I thought they were all here in SW. VA. and I drew them like a magnet.  ???
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Lazyguy

Posted by: shelbycharger400
« on: June 29, 2014, 08:12:12 am »
Insert Quote

Yep sometimes life gets in the way

I blame the JOB, for cutting into my fun/life>:(
Or maybe it's my WANT'S list is to high ;)

mometal77

Too many Assholes... not enough bullets..."I might have become a millionaire, but I chose to become a tramp!

BW_Williams

I was going out with Redheads for a while but then settled down with a blonde I've known since the 6th grade!   She is known as the Churchlady around here and when she dresses up on Sundays I pay attention!  Oh yeah, read my post in the business section!  BWW
Support your local Volunteer Fire Dept.  (not by accident)
Support your local Ski Patrol (by snowboarding:)
Mayor of Millerdale, Washington, USA (by God)!

twobears

if anybody has missed me and/or cares I,am still around.life got to be way to much and I,ve just been trying to get thur it.i run my mill as my crappy health lets me and stay to myself even on the web...only place i really talk is on facebook and I,ve taken breaks from there too.i put a sales pitch on for the forestry forum over on facebook just yesterday.. ;-)

Chuck White

Hey twobears, good to see you back on here.

Still driving bus?  I retired with 20 years service 2 years ago, come the 29th!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!