iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bookcase made prior to surgery,finally installed.

Started by jamesamd, November 18, 2013, 08:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesamd

Just prior to having surgery on My elbow,I built this bookcase with angled ends to
relieve some of the clutter the other case was gathering.
It is the same general plan as the other but because of the angled ends and down sizing to 5'
I made a scaled drawing first as I do with any piece I make and still make mistakes.

The top and shelves

The towers back left.

The base that I made 3/4" to tall :D

closer look at the cap.

I finally set it in place this week.So all the junk I removed from the cabinate,that it replaces is all on the floor.
More than half was trashed.I need to get rid of the chair as well.All will be donated to the Salvation Army.
Nothing wrong with them,I just needed more shelves.

Head on view.

Corner shot.

I need to trim shims and install quarter round molding at the base,soon
I've almost finished a desk to replace the Ikea piece of junk.I hope it fits.:D

Jim
All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

thecfarm

Ikea is not known for it's fine wood furniture. But james is.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Wow, what a fine piece to go with the first one!  What a great home for your books.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

WmFritz

Nice looking bookcases.  8)

I hope the surgery went well too.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

jueston

I have a house full of Ikea furniture I plan to slowly replace with stuff I make. so far, not much progress....

The book case looks beautiful.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

jamesamd

Thanks all!!!
The surgery was perfect,I am gaining feeling back in My ring and pinkey fingers quickly.
Had some deep scaring that I worked out on My own,it hurt a bit but had to be broken up,no
clinical PT,We are men.When a thing must be done,We do it.

Jim
All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

Thank You Sponsors!