iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lt15

Started by Bosco, October 11, 2018, 01:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bosco

I just went out to my mill which has been setting about a month and made one pass on a log and now my hand crank wont go down. anybody seen this or know what I should check?I opend the case and dont see nothin broke or loose. She goes up just fine, wont back down.

Brad_bb

Never had a problem with mine (2014).  It's pretty basic.  Either something is jammed and causing a bind or a rusted frozen chain?  Did you try to figure it out?  Is is tilting to one side as you lower?  Meaning is one side binding like the far side?  Just watch the movement and trace it down.  
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Bosco

I finally got through to woodmizer support, and they said its just the nut that binds it on the crank, they said an inner and outer I only found an outer and loosend it and its working though not quite right.

Flintlock427

I have a lt15 2012 ,mine lock up completely  after a lot of oil and moving the handle nothing seem to work   ,I greased the pulley/gear / bearing  on top and it has been working since about 8 months , I believe the bearing has a little rust in  it. 

Brad_bb

It definitely takes awhile to get to know your mill, but it pays to troubleshoot it and figure it out because it will help you diagnose issues down the road.  I didn't learn how to tension my drive belt (not the saw blade), until I had wavy cuts and found out that was the cause.  I learned how easy it is to tension it, and to get the tool from Woodmizer ( I don't know why they don't have you get it with the mill?!), and that you have to check and adjust it every 30-50 hours.  Lean to inspect your belts and replace them before they fail.  Keep 2 blade guide rollers on hand for when the bearings fail/seize up.  Check your cant height on a wide cant on the near and far side and lean how to adjust your mill head to get the cut level.  There's more, but you'll learn as you go along.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Bosco

Thats what I did first:"check manual under trouble shooting" got nothing, step 2:called woodmizer technical support, got recording "we'll call you"step3 called my dealer, "call woodmizer back" I did and got an answer as I assumed something simple! just cant see it, an inner and outer nut needs loosening. I'm listening about those "bearings to keep on hand"? and my dealer reccomended bringing it back in after a season of cutting and it will be better than new! I've not checked my drive belt tension but I havent had wavey cuts either, I just finished cutting up a monster "yard tree" in black wallnut, put the lt15 to its extremes! wish I knew how to post a pic.

PAmizerman

Woodmizer lt40 super remote 42hp Kubota diesel. Accuset II
Hydraulics everywhere
Woodmizer edger 26hp cat diesel
Traverse 6035 telehandler
Case 95xt skidloader
http://byrnemillwork.com/
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter
and a lot of back breaking work!!

Thank You Sponsors!