iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Long Kit

Started by Bruno of NH, February 18, 2018, 11:40:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

Finally got the Long kit installed on my new tractor :)
Its nice to have the front remote switch on the loader control.
the new tractor is great i haven't had any issues with the thing in regen at all :)
All my friends with new tractors are having all kind of problems.
I'm very impressed with the Mahindra 3540

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

samandothers

Now time for the grapple!

Bruno of NH

i have one was running it off one of the rear remotes :)
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

loganworks2

Very nice Bruno. I have been considering purchasing a 3540 and I'm happy to hear that you have had no problems with it.  They seem to be one of few that are not having many.

Bruno of NH

I'm very impressed with this tractor it has loads of power and is built like a tank

loganworks2

I agree that it is heavily built with good power. How is the grapple working out? It must be much easier with the 3rd function on the joy stick.

Bruno of NH

I like the grapple to move logs around the mill yard
I'm going to put a grapple/thumb on my forks
When running the mill load and move the finish product around with one unit

Andries

Bruno - you managed to get three major toys in that last photo - nice work!
I'm also running my loader grapple via the rear remotes and find that I can feather the valves to get a light amount of 'grab' when needed.

How do you find the response on the electric over hydraulic on the Long kit?
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

thecfarm

I could use that for rocks too. No more chasing them around the field to get them in the bucket. I find it's just as easy and quick to put a chain around them.
That grapple would come in handy when I bring the logs to the mill. Now I use a chain and have to get it in the middle of the log to balance it. Takes a few times to get it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

barbender

Quote from: thecfarm on February 18, 2018, 04:15:12 PM
I could use that for rocks too. No more chasing them around the field to get them in the bucket. I find it's just as easy and quick to put a chain around them.
That grapple would come in handy when I bring the logs to the mill. Now I use a chain and have to get it in the middle of the log to balance it. Takes a few times to get it.

Ray, you turn the topic to rocks like most others do to food!😂😂😂
Too many irons in the fire

thecfarm

Check out my profile for My Hobby.  :D
Guess what I want a forwader for?   ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bruno of NH

Quote from: Andries on February 18, 2018, 03:40:59 PM
Bruno - you managed to get three major toys in that last photo - nice work!
I'm also running my loader grapple via the rear remotes and find that I can feather the valves to get a light amount of 'grab' when needed.

How do you find the response on the electric over hydraulic on the Long kit?
I got to use the Long kit today with the grapple you can feather the switch for a light touch.
I'm very pleased

samandothers

Having the toggle on the loader control stick is great. Left hand steer right works all loader controls and neither need to move off their places.

Bruno, you may know this but there is a step or two I do when removing the grapple to help when I reconnect, that is to release the pressure in the hydraulic lines.    Before you disconnect the grapple from your third function close the grapple. Shut down the tractor.  Turn the ignition to accessory or to energize the grapple valve and rock the rocker to relieve the pressure in the hoses.  I did not do this when I first disconnected the grapple and had to do the extra steps relieving the pressure at the ends of the connectors when I went back to attach it.

Bruno of NH

Yes I relive the pressure on the grapple when I disconnect it

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Peter Drouin

I wanted to say I like mine too but when I tried to go back to the post I could not go back, I love mine.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Thank You Sponsors!